brought my Polara home...

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Re: brought my Polara home...

Post by Txas2step »

Bought my first dodge in 1969..'68 Coronet 500. yellow,black vinyl top. didn't really like the eailier body styles of the dodge /plymouth cars at that time.Owned '50's - '60's Chevy's and Fords til then ..cheap and plentiful.Some of my friends coming back from 'Nam were fat with discharge money and buying Roadrunner's $1,995 off the lot.My stock 318 was not as fast as theirs but the girls sure liked it with black interior and carpet instead of rubber mat :lol: . Anyway, my point is that in my old age,I really like the '63-'65 body styles . That polara is a good look'in ride. :Thumbsup

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

This is the only image I have of it right now. Ill be finishing it up in the next week or so, so Ill get ya some pics by then.

This is the fuel injected stainless tank I made.

Here is the sump I made, that little fitting with the tabs on it took me a few hours on the lathe to make. I first cut the I think 1 1/2" solid plate into a circle on the water jet, then I went to town whittling it down. The four little holes is where a rubber check valve sits, and the fuel pump sock clips onto the bottom lip and two tabs. Then I tig welded it all together. I had just bought a little dragster85 thermal arc (or dynamic) stick/tig welder. This was the first thing I tig'd together with it. works pretty good, and it is a super small package, a 6 pack of beer is bigger then this welder. All that work to be never seen again.

Here is an inside shot of the baffles and trap doors I made insdie the tank before I welded the sides on. The fule pump sump sits inside the square box that has the three trap doors in it.

Here is the a100 seat brackets I made for it. out of aluminum. I had them powder coated semi gloss black.

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

Beautiful work! :Thumbsup

EarlKann
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

Post by EarlKann »

Just saw this 64 Polara Wagon on CL and it reminded me of this thread.

318 poly. I could put my tri-power on it. :thinking

Too bad my wife would never agree to drive something this big.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3701906478.html

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

Very cool, good luck! :dance :Thumbsup :clap