My 62 Shorty

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

My 62 Shorty

Post by Cageman »

This truck has a 440 and a 727, 323's with a newer 8 3/4 in it. It was an old military truck and it sat in a field
for twenty years, I bought it 8 years ago and I am still working on it.

thorman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nope
State: Foreign

Post by thorman »

:usa Looks like the exterior is in pretty good shape, that'll make a sweet ride when it's completed.

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Nice truck.Sounds like it should move out pretty good. :Thumbsup

MOPAT
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MOPAT »

:Thumbsup
Since ya can only work outside about 3 months of the yr there that is great progress!!
pat :lol:

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

The problem is when I bouht it I started racing circle track the same summer, The trucks was on jackstands in a field and I had to put a rear end in it and put drums on the front before I could move it, I bought iit and a 71 newyorker for the motor and tranny and pulled the slant six out and installed the 440 and 727, I took a driveshaft out of a 4 door valiant and was good to go. Ialso put a dual master in it that spring too, then it sat for six years as I was busy racing and building racecars too. Two years ago I brought it into my shop in the fall and put new floorboards in it and also rocker panels too. Then I smoothed out the body and painted it sublime green and sprayed in a speedliner in the bed, I put new rims and tires on it and installed a B&M shifter and mounted bucket seats out of a Ford probe. Then I put headers on it and an alum intake and a 750 holley D pumper, took her to get exhaust and it has been driven a few times a year since, I moved to SD and I left it at my dads as he has indoor storage for it.
I need to put new door seals in it and get the left blinker to work and put a new heater core in it and it is done, I would like to find factory buckets for it, but have yet to find a set.