New 70' Adventurer

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
LC
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: New 70' Adventurer

Post by LC »

LC from PA Nice Truck Mine,s aD100 same color the Black roof is Factory with the Adventurer package and there is noway to repaint it back to orginal it was a special crinkle paint to look like vinyl and when new it did you had to touch it to see if it had padding owned mine since new at $900.00 you got a STEAL mine was on the July 1996 calender of Hemming's Vintage Truck,s and I have it insured for $20,000 you guy,s on the West Coast are Lucky NO Rust here in the East ther is only a handful of US Guy,s left Polish it UP and Drive IT Like ever where it will out last the junk they are making today :salut :salut :salut LC from PA

LC
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LC »

LC from PA was reading thru the posting I have new flooring carpeting and gas tanking carpet and if I dig thru my Parts I think I have the tailgate panel it is alumium with DODGE stamped on it Drop me a Note if you need these parts or ohter small trim pieces for Adventurer;s :thinking :thinking :salut :salut

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

LC- PM sent. Thanks

Mike has been working on the truck alittle but with Easter weekend, family, and friends he hasn't made much headway. He has the fuel tanks out and at the shop getting cleaned and coated. The seat is at the upolster shop being repaired. Mike has a pile of parts waiting to be installed such as; New mopar electronic ignition, weiand duel plain intake, eddy 600 cfm carb., normal tune up parts, MSD coil & wires ect. He also has H4 Auto pal headlights and Putco relays, Auto Gauge chrome 2-5/8 triple gauges, side mirrors, and a leather wrap Lecarra steering wheel with a polished center. I'm sure I left out stuff, but Mikes going to have one bad truck that will be a reliable driver.

Mike bought a complete weatherstipping kit that he will be intalling someday.
A friend of ours is sending him a Chrome light duty style sweptline bumber for the rear.
Last edited by jimmy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by jimmy »

A couple up grades made to the truck this weekend. I love the up grades for looks and usability, but the great thing is a guy can change the lights back to the factory look without a problem. The Dash turned out very clean.

1. H4 head lights and relays.
2. 50 Watt Halgon back up lights.
3. Dash panel reinstalled.
Attachments
photo.JPG
H4's.JPG
H4 lights.JPG
Back up lights.JPG
Last edited by jimmy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

What is that bolted to the front bumper below that area for the plate?

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by jimmy »

It appears to be a home made spare tire reciever/holder.... we think? Mike says it's getting removed.

mjlenard
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 92557
State: CA

Post by mjlenard »

I got the seat back from the upholsterer. I had fabric sewn in the center where you sit because my wife and I didn't want to burn our legs in the summer. It turned out awesome.
Attachments
photo-24.JPG

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

mjlenard wrote:I got the seat back from the upholsterer. I had fabric sewn in the center where you sit because my wife and I didn't want to burn our legs in the summer. It turned out awesome.
Agreed. It did turn our awesome. :Thumbsup That's a good idea on the
center fabric as well.
John

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

Wow! And I thought both of my Swepties were nice, in terms of no rust. Yours is a one-of-a-kind score in the rust-free department. Very, very nice.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

I wish my $900 69 D100 had been half that clean when I got it. Can't believe you got all those options, a big block AND a solid floor for that low.

The fake vinyl paint is still around, you just have to hunt for it. And it is a nightmare to use. I'd just repaint the thing in a plain old deep black gloss.

Seat looks great, still kicking myself (and cussing the wife) for not spending $50 on one that Pull-a-part had...

mjlenard
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mjlenard »

Oh those seats are so nice...$50 for a seat like that would have been a score. I also had the fuel tank boiled out at a shop by the house. He boiled and repaired a few leaks. My best friend rebuilds fuel senders too, so I got that all done and I have a full functioning fuel gauge. I still have to boil out the saddle tanks...I had the Carpet piece that covers the tank remade..it turned out pretty nice as well. I had a new headliner made. I should have the interior nearly 100% by the end of July.

Yeah, I am just going to paint the top gloss black. My brother Jimmy is going to fly down and help me do it. Thanks for the comments!!

Here's a short video of the first few months of owning it...more to come!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUK0rxDGTAY
Last edited by mjlenard on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by jimmy »

Killer video.

Scrawltrawler
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fairbanks
State: AK

Post by Scrawltrawler »

Yeah, great video. :clap You really have a nice one there! Great job! :Thumbsup Jim

LC
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by LC »

LC from PA Just watched vidio of your truck looks like it just rolled out the door from the fatory glad I was a part of it with the grill and fender lip trim What did you use to buff out the paint to get that Shine ???? let me Know I have A 79 Lil Red Expess Trcuck that I am builting for my wife that need buffedout Great to See Your Truck And Jimmy,s on other Posting Got to Love Big Red Dodge Trucks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :salut :salut :salut LC

petespowerwagons
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: rozet
State: WY

Post by petespowerwagons »

i like it! that's custom! Can't wait to see pics with it fixed up. Good buy

mjlenard
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mjlenard »

Stay tuned for pictures...the truck is headed to the paint shop in two weeks. I can't wait!! I almost have everything stripped off it and I am pulling the motor on Wednesday

JTWayne
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver

Post by JTWayne »

What a great story; I need to know what truck you have for sale and how much are you selling it for. I am quite interested in what you have for sale. Please let me know asap.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

JTWayne wrote:What a great story; I need to know what truck you have for sale and how much are you selling it for. I am quite interested in what you have for sale. Please let me know asap.
Howdy there. :welcome :Thumbsup
Just a heads up.... This thread is almost 2 years old.... :pale

Anyway.... here's hoping.... right?.... :dance :dance :lol:
John