'63 D200

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
cool63

'63 D200

Post by cool63 »

My newly acquired '63 D200. It hasn't been started in 4 or 5 years, but up until then was used everyday. It didn't take much and the ol' slant 6 was purring like a kitten. Thanks to my 10 yr old daughter for helping out and learning a little bit too.

Both master cylinders were bone dry. I added fluid to the clutch master 1st and it pumped up ok, but then started leaking in the cab. The brake master did the same. Those will be the 1st items to be replaced and as soon as I have good brakes, the tires will definitely have to be replaced.

All the gauges (except oil press) work and dash lights up. All headlights work, no taillights yet. I'm thinking that could be a blown fuse...

Anyway, it seems to be a pretty solid truck with minimal rust. The thing I find to be so cool about this truck is that everything is there and it doesn't look like anything major has ever been done to it. It needs alot of cleaning, but all that costs is a little time. :dance

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

i like it :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

thats alot like what my 70 d200 looked liked when i pulled it from the back of the wreckingyard. i have an auto tranny, so i didnt have the clutch problem, but the brakes were bone dry, and the peddle stuck. my father has an ex federal government 84 (i think) 200, those /6 will go forever, this one has like 210000 on it, and it still purrs, great on fuel, can do whatever you want it to, but roast rubber. very nice truck :clap :Thumbsup

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Great looking truck :Thumbsup . Are those 17.5" rims
on it? Be sure and check all of your wheel cylinders
and brake lines when you replace the master cyl..
When you re-do the clutch master, watch for leaks at
the slave cylinder when you're bleeding the system.
Speaking of bleeding.... follow all bench bleeding
instructions for the masters when applicable. Double
check any of the rubber brake hoses too.... if they
are old and weather-checked, they'll need replacing.
How do the floors look under that carpet? You can get
a nice reproduction black rubber floor mat from
http://www.millsupply.com .
John

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Yep your hooked on a swept alright :Thumbsup nice truck & for the money you have in it ? your doing good :lol:
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

cool63

Post by cool63 »

Hobcobble,
I haven't pulled the mat up to see the whole floor yet, but I have seen at least one hole on the driver's side floor. It's about 1 - 1 1/2" dia. Thanks for the link for the mat. I may do that eventually.

My wheels are 16" and are in need of some new rubber on them. These tires look like they are originals, haha.

If you notice in the pic of my dash, the gauge panel was painted with some god-awful green glitter paint or something. Anyway, I took it off tonight and scraped the old off and painted it wimbledon white. I'll clean up the faces on my gauges while I'm here too. I'll post a pic when it's back together. :Thumbsup