ACCIDENT AND HOWARD!

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

ACCIDENT AND HOWARD!

Post by HellBelly »

Scare you yet Jim? LOL

Well this morning on the way to work in my 98 Sebring LXi, fighting morning traffic as usual. There was an accident somewhere ahead that had just cleared up because the fire trucks and cops cars were all driving off and all lanes of traffic were now open, The truck in front of me switches lanes as do I. We start to accelerate, just then she SLAMS on her brakes and darts to the left clipping the car "PARKED" in front of her, I had no prayer, I pushed on the brakes as hard as I could but it was wet and not enough room. SLAM! I clobbered the crap out of a Crown Victoria Interceptor. Can anybody guess who drives Crown Victoria Interceptors?? Anybody? Yep! I rear end a "COP"! What a way to top off the freaking week!

His car had some of my paint on his bumper, as for mine, it was screwed, hood buckled in half and the my gorgeous Chrysler grill and whole front clip was smashed into the motor. What a week. I'm fine, just a little sore in the neck.

On with the day...

As I'm standing there waiting for them to tow my car and watching the cops arrest the other driver. She got hauled off to jail for no insurance and no drivers license. Spoke "ZERO" English also. I say no more...

MY PHONE RINGS!!

It's the drop off place telling me "Guess what showed up!" HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Howard (My 1969 D100) was on his way to my work!

He showed up about mid day and the flat bed driver told, "nice truck"! Ohh I was grinning from ear to ear watching it pull up.

Drove it down into our parking garage and parked it so the Chevy guys could get a good look at a real truck!

Jim is a stand up guy is all I have to say! He sold me one very nice truck when he didn't have to. It wasn't for sale. The truck was exactly as he said and exactly what I expected and some!

I dove it home in heavy 5:00 traffic and he never missed a beat! My kids had a blast riding in it around the block tonight also!

Here is a pic of me and Howard in the garage at work. I'll get more pictures later once I get 1,100 miles of road grim off!

LOW RESOLUTION PIC

HIGH RESOLUTION PIC
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

Yes you did..., So how are you after the accident this morning? Are you going to have to fix the Sebring out of your own pocket? How is the wife taking all this?

All I can say is I'm glad Howard made it, from the pictures, does not look the worse for wear. I hope he treats you well, has done right by me. As you start digging into him, if you have any questions I am more happy to answer them. ENJOY THE TRUCK, I hope the weekend turns out better than the week. Jim

Ps. The proceeds from Howard were reinvested in Mopar. I had the tranny and transfer case on my Ramcharger redone.
Last edited by JimE on Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

hey at least you got your truck.drop a car gain a truck :Thumbsup j/k man, that sucks about the accident though :pale i hate accidents.some guy almost t-boned me the other day :banghead but any way, beautiful truck :Thumbsup glad to see you got it :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

HellBelly
Founder
Founder

Post by HellBelly »

Jim,

My neck is a little sore but noting that's going to make me go to the doctor. If I'm stiff in the morning I'll stop in at the doctor. But I honestly feel fine.

As for fixing the car, I carry uninsured motorist coverage on all my cars, just in case. This one is going to go down in the books as my fault no matter what I do, I rear-ended him and that's that. I carry full coverage on my Sebring so the car will get fixed, I doubt they'll total it. It looks repairable to me.

Side note on Howard:

This is the first "Running" V8 Automatic Sweptline I've ever driven. I swear I'm not lying about this, my left foot went for the clutch pedal three times on the way home from work today! LOL I had to keep telling myself it a Automatic stupid stop doing that! LOL

HellBelly
Founder
Founder

Post by HellBelly »

Forgot to answer the wife question. Wife seems ok with all this. She freaked when I called to tell her I was in an accident and I hit a cop car LOL.

AS far as the truck, she's excited for me. She told me yesterday, "You deserved it, you worked hard last year for that bonus". "I'm glad you got something you can go camping in now."

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

:Thumbsup glad to howard made it just in time :Thumbsup as for rear ending a cop :shame :shame , but with howard on your mind at the time sh :censored happens good to here your alright though :clap
:usa

ps stay away from the back of howard for at least a week :thinking
:censored
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

scott has a running and driving sweptline....whats this world coming to??? LMAO!!!!! looks like a pretty clean rig, but there aint enough headlights on it. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Thats a good looking ride. :Thumbsup As for your wreck,bummer :banghead , but it could have been worse.A couple years ago on my way into work, at the bottom of the steep, seven mile long Lewiston grade I noticed new paint and tire marks on the tall concrete gaurd rail on the last corner. I thought to myself a trucker must of lost his brakes. The marks continued to the end of the or the rail. At this point huge rutts made thier way across the grass median.Then skid marks on the pavement of the opposing lane and over the bank.They then proceeded across Frontage road and ended beside the semi that was "parked" IN the front porch of the Idaho State Patrol office. :pale Thats when they put up the signs that read " NO FINE FOR USEING RUNAWAY TRUCK RAMP". :idea :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Scott,
Does your insurance pay for dry-cleaning the
doughnut filling out of the cops uniform? :joker
Glad to hear you came out relatively unscathed.
So..... with you having a road ready Sweptline,
we all now know the first sign of the Apocalypse.
Your next step should be to just enjoy it... put
some miles on it... hit the campgrounds with it...
and relax.
John

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

my brother in law rear ended a cop up here in washington, not such a good time for him. he was at UW comming home to visit down in southern washington, hit some ice, and hit a cop. dont know about you. he got put in the back till they figured out he didnt do it intentionaly.... bad news hittin cops good to know your fine though...

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Man, that's rough hitting a cop. At least you're alright, car's are replacable.

Nice rig. Want my green and white to keep it company? Transport from here to Texas, ought to be worth a few gray hairs! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Congradulations

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Wow
the sweptline forum leader finally got a drivable Sweptline? :thinking whats going to happen next? Flood :banghead Now Scott get you some time behind the wheel and then we can start planning a camping trip somewhere just inside the Mountains and 1/2 way for both of us, somewhere around Trinidad Colorado, like in the summertime so you can get out of the 100 degree temperatures and relax in the nice cool Rockies :Thumbsup

BigJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BigJ »

when i was in high school i had a 98 grand prix with custom chrome rims and tv screens sound system and i rear-ended an off duty cop in his personal truck (trying to wave at a girl) :clap and there was nothing wrong with his truck but his hitch punched a hole in my front end plastic bumper. i told him don't worry about it and just go on your way. He said no i am a cop lets do the right thing. So he called the cops and hauled @#% as soon as they got there and i got a ticket for "failure to control speed." and i ended up getting three more tickets for some B.S. in that city in a two week period. "coincidence" i don't think so. :shame

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

Glad to hear your OK. Don't feel bad about hitting a cop. Out here cops hit cops. So it can happen to anyone.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed