What to do with old parts

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

What to do with old parts

Post by scoutski »

It is ready for paint and chrome.
Scoutski
68 W200 PW (sold to Big-J)with a 76 200 por nada
77 Scout II Original
74 Scout II SSII clone
69 800 Gold Key
65 80-800 parts
68 1300 PU with venerable 266
76 Scout II XLC parts truck
55 R110 PU parts???

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

You guys give me that million dollar appetite with my 10cent budget.
Nice trailer
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

If it wasn't for the paint, The most expensive part that I bought for this project is the jack on the front.
I appreciate the complement Ken.
Bill

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

I saw a short wide swept bed trailer just about at the Nebraska/Kansas state line on the highway going the other way. Thought about offering the guy a nice chuby of dorf trailer bed for trade, but there was no place to turn around.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Bill, looks real good , did you get the T light yet ?
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

Sure did, check it out...

Thanks, Dave

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Bill are those red lenes in the backup holes? sure look like it & looks good :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

i love to see it when a great idea is copied. looks good man. whats it look like behind the truck?? what jack did you use, i have been having trouble finding one long enough to fit right with the 3/4 ton axle and springs under mine???????
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

I got mine from TSC around $30.00. Then I modified it to accept a 5" wheel. The wheel gives it about 6" to 7" of additional lift. Then I welded a piece of exhaust tubing to the foot that I cut off so that I could use it when I don't want the wheel on it. Both are held on by a 5/16" pull pin.You can see the ring for the pin above the wheel. Thats the foot sitting ontop of the 4x4.
I then welded a piece of expanded metal to the bottom of the V area below the pull bar. ( need to get some pics of this) This I can use to store the wheel and the foot. I have a little cargo net in there to hold things in place.
You are exactly right Cowboy! I figured that I didn't need the backup lights so I just peeled the double backed stickey tape off a couple cheap reflectors drilled them out to match and voila! Oh yea, I wired them into the tail lights.

Now all I need is a decent Swept to pull it with :dance

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

before you go too much furthur check your local laws for home built trailers. around here they require a amber reflector or light on the front side and a red one in the back. might want to get all that hooked up before you go for paint. :Thumbsup

i too am gonna make the tongue area a tool box. but im raising the lip about 6 inches, and putting a hinged, lockable lid on it. ought to make it a nice deep box for all my tie straps, and other trailering equiptment.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

farmhand66css
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Portsmouth RI

Post by farmhand66css »

:Thumbsup Looks good, I have the back half of a 68 I was thinking of doing the same with. What is the length of the tongue.

Matt :usa
Farmhand 66 CSS
66 D100 CSS
65 A100 pop-top van
1978 shortbed stepside

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

You could use 1968 Mopar car side marker lights on your rig and keep it all Mopar! The round chrome units fit right in and all you need to do is drill the holes!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

Matt, I got the specs from Trey, below is what he gave me.It is posted in General Topics. I used some steel that I had lying around, for the piece that goes between the frame rails I used 6" channel and for the pull bar I used 2'X 3" rectangular tubing (heavy wall). I bought some reflectors that are a match to the OEM ones that were on the truck.

Trey's Specs.
ok, many have asked for specs, so i figure ill post it for anyone who needs/wants them. the frame was cut 45 inches from the front of the bed. crossbar of 2x3 tubeing was welded in at 15 inches on center from the front of the bed to each frame rail (parallel to bed front). pull bar (goes from crossbar to front to weld in hitch is 30 inches long and made of 1x3 U channel, this is welded in and centered on the cross bar. then, the frame was cut at the top and bottom and bent to meet in the middle at the pull bar and welded. doing it this way assures the frame rails wont come in towards the middle, and youll be dead center with the hitch and pull bar. this works great, the crossbar going in first makes centering everything a lot easier, and adds support to the frame rails when your heating and pounding them into place. the 2" ball hitch is welded to the top of the 1x3 channel with the channel inserted as far as possible into the hitch assembly. and it is backed up underneath with a pice of 2 inch heavy wall pipe welded in from just behind the femal ball socket to just beyond the joint where the frame and pull bar are welded to add even more strength to the 1x3 channel for the heavy tongue loads i may possibly have. also, the length of the tongue from the front of the bed to the center of the ball socket is 45inches. this is long enough to completely jacknife the trailer without hitting the bed of the trailer on the truck bumper. hope this helps for those of you thinking of doing the same. really catches a lot of complements from people who see me on the road. since my 81x site is screwing up, i posted pics at my webshots if you want to see them with descriptions. link is in my signature.
las cruces new mexico
http://community.webshots.com/user/wideblock

Bill

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

thanks for the post bill, saves me a lot of typing! :Thumbsup so matt, you gonna stripe the trailer like the CSS?
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100