Say hello to Sherman

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

Cageman wrote:If that truck has 4.88's in it, it will not need a 440, trust me.

Yea, I thought about that, too. That's why I'm leaving my 340 as an option. It would probably be a better match to the truck, it's just that all my off road buddy's have HUGE @#% motors and lots of gear. The smallest tire any of them run is a 44" bogger. They are WAY more serious about off roading than I am. They run air bag suspensions, military axles, 4 wheel steering, all kinds of $$$ go into their rigs. BUT, they can't drive them to work, and that's key to me. One of them has over $75k in his Blazer and I kid him that he can only drive it about 200 miles a year. So I'll be the "little dodge that wants to".
Hobcobble wrote:Great find! I'd paint it mud brown.... so you don't
have to wash it so often. :Thumbsup . If not, I'd go
with plain white. Where did you find this one?
John
I'm in Oklahoma, and our mud isn't brown. It's sort of this red clay stuff. That's one reason I thought about going white. Easy to wash the grime off.
The guy I got this from actually contacted me about my Darts I was selling. I posted them on about 20 sites, I don't remember which one he contacted me through. He's in Nebraska. I leave next Friday to go bring it home. I'll post pix up probably next Saturday.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

i wouldnt paint it white, the red clay will stain the paint. a few runs thru houston clay toaght me that.

and i would use the 340 in it over the 440. yeah the 440 has got the torque, but when your in the mud, you need the HP and rpm capabilities the 340 will give you. you gotta be able to clean them tires to not get stuck. unless you sink some serious money in the 440, youll never get it to see the revs the 340 can do all day. and with your gears, you wont need the torque of the 440 unless your rock crawlin. you should bring her out to the desert one day, ill show you some trails that are great fun, and some that may send you cryin to momma!! :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100