Say hello to Sherman

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Say hello to Sherman

Post by cudajimmy »

Going to go get it weekend after next. It's a 69 W100 with W200 diffs, 2 stick transfer case, N435 transmission, and a 318. Plans are to put either my 340, 413, or 440 in it (depending on whether or not I can find a decent priced RB bellhousing). I'd like to have that torque from the 440 on hand, but I have to be careful not to put too much $$$ into it...I tend to get carried away. :lol: Anyway, it's got 4:88 gears, 6 inch lift, 3 inch body, 38" Swampers, and is about 95% rust free.
I bought this truck to play with and have fun with. Something I can romp around in. What do ya'll think?

Last edited by cudajimmy on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

I like it!

I really like it!!
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

jimmy, what the bb bell worth?? i got a chance to buy a running 383 with bell attached for $300, been going backl a forth on it, but if you need the bell, and pitch in ill go for it.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Dats cooool. :Thumbsup

Floorguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

69 w200

Post by Floorguy »

I'm very jealous! That looks like a killer truck to tear up the local mudpit with!! :Thumbsup

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

Nice find. Where is it located? Seems tobe a lot of snow
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

yeah. id say there could be alot of tearing up with that. or finding parking spaces at the local mall oh say around the 24 or dec. (like anyone here would do that) very nice truck :Thumbsup

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

very cool sherman, as in tank :lol: :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

It looks to be very qualified for said romping.
And, Hell yeah I'd drive it.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Built like a Sh :Thumbsup t Brick House..... So now all you need is a way to get in that tank! So how far is the local Mudhole from you? You are going to have women and children running for their bomb shelters when those swampers come up to speed!
I think you are going to have too much fun this summer, I hope you get out in it a few times this spring before you tear out the 318. What's the matter with the 318 anyway? My Townie can crawl up a brick wall in low 2nd!!! I could crank her up, drop her in 1st, go eat breakfast, take a shower, drink a pot of coffee, and feed the dogs before it made it to the end of the driveway.... plus this way you would have a comparision...
Slap a Braden on there to pull all the bowtie and blue oval buddies of yours over the hump...or maybe not.... My Mom always said don't climb a tree you can't climb out of.... Maybe that is the reason they sold that Beast to you in the 1st Place....

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

sweet truck man :Thumbsup be sure that if you do take it to a pitt that you get lots of pictures for us :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central

Post by 66patrick »

Looks like a good toy to troll Draper with!!!

As you know, bodies at Draper, cars at Overholser!

For those of you not in the OKC area, Draper Lake is the local motorcycle and 4x4 running area...and a place to dump the dead bodies! The stolen cars get dumped in Lake Overholser!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma

Post by cudajimmy »

Thanks guys! Yes, it's Sherman, as in tank, and I AM going to go tear up some mud and trails in it before the sb comes out. I've decided if Trey and I can put a deal together for the bell and flywheel, I'm DEFINETLY putting my 440 in it. :Thumbsup :lol: I pulled my 440 out of my 69 RoadRunner before I sold it and put the original motor back in. It's got 426 maxwedge heads on it, flat tops, and a solid lift cam....It's also got dual 4's on it, but I'm probably gonna pull those and sell the whole setup This motor winds up like a 340!. Mud bogging is pretty big around here, and I've got several friends that are into it BIG TIME! I however, want to keep my truck streetable, and drive it to work every day.

What do you guys think about painting it SNOW CAMMO? That's what I'm leaning towards. I've never done cammo, but it looks like it can't be that hard. Let me know what you think, I value all your opinions, good or bad!
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

paint her like a sherman tank!!! or better yet, a wwII fighter with the concrete camo and shark teeth coming off the front fender!
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

o.d. green and a white star on the door :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Snow Camo could be really sweet but how many camo paint jobs have you seen where you were like "Damn that looks great!!" I say go for it though.....

If you sink that 440 in it I think it would be great to see those "Real" Flames slapped on... I am surprised I haven't seen any swepts out of Wash State with them on already... I think the master is in the Seattle area... I am sure he charges an arm for it though....

I actually like the Brown, gives it the "Yeah, You Know" attitude. Sort of a The Thing "'Nuff Said" statement....

I have actually seen alot of trucks with the metallic bronze color, but not as flashy as you might think look smokin'. Maybe a fade to a black....

My Dad owns a 47 Willys that he did up in the Days of Saddam.... Desert Storm Tan.... I thought it was sort of corny but it turned out great and holds its character still after a Decade Plus...

I guess I feel a Paint Job should accent the cars features and lines, not overpower them, I think that is why (Is it HellBelly's)) that Black looks so classic...
A paint job is also an expression of your personality, or at least the personality of the vehicle....

My Rusted old Town Wagon is what Dodge calls Omaha Orange. I don't think it screams my personality exactly but it is a head turner because it is commanding as the lines.... Plus it just feels retro when to climb in and it's no frills, just a Bright Orange Steel Dash and Huge hood that just rolls on out. I wouldn't want to change that kind of character for anything...

I would say it holds true for rims too....If they don't go with the vehicle, why put them on? I have seen so many cars/trucks where you think, Damn that's nice but I don't like those rims, or the rims are the only thing you notice.... They look sweet on paper but not when they get mounted....

Whatever, I guess that is my :2cents , I hope somebody is the devils advocate on the subject....

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Great find! I'd paint it mud brown.... so you don't
have to wash it so often. :Thumbsup . If not, I'd go
with plain white. Where did you find this one?
John

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

after staring at the pics for a bit, my conclusion is that truck needs "look at me" red with white top, grill and bumpers. a nice bright california yellow would be cool to. that truck has mucho attitude, give it the paint to match. but of course, it would make a nice pair painted the same as marilyn with the blue body, black top and wheels, and chrome grill and bumpers. maybe even the tail stripe. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

70mopower

Post by 70mopower »

That is a nice find. Looks like one mean truck.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

Sweet truck.
I have a 70 with 8 inches of lift and I rolled it once, I took the big motor out and put a 318 in and I have never been let down, I have boggers on it and they grab some times a bit to much.
If that truck has 4.88's in it, it will not need a 440, trust me.
The only other problem I have is nobody has a bigger truck to pull me out, cuz Im 50 yards farther than they can go and there isnt enough rigging to get me.