Your favorite single photo of your truck.

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Your favorite single photo of your truck.

Post by soopernaut »

Sweet1960D100 wrote: My problem is that it is very heavy for me on the steering. I'm just a small girl and don't have the strength to handle it in tight spaces. I really need power steering. My local service garage told me that I need to find a power steering box and column... Easier said than done :pale
I think your service garage is wrong. The 61-71 trucks never had a power box, just a power assist. The steering box and column were the same regardless of whether the truck had PS or not. Since your truck is even older I'm sure there wasn't a separate box for PS trucks. Your truck probably would take the same parts to convert to PS as the 61-71 trucks.

Some have added integral power steering to their trucks using a power box designed for another vehicle. This requires fabrication but there is a kit in the works to add bolt on power steering to these trucks.

Sweet1960D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oakbank,MB, Canada
State: Foreign

Post by Sweet1960D100 »

Thank you for your reply soopernaut.
I think you are absolutely right. The moment my service garage told me that they can't help me with installing PS, unless I find them a PS column and box I thought the same thing >>> doesn't exist! :banghead
I was hoping however that there was a kit to be had to convert my baby to PS.
It would be great if a conversion kit that fits into a 61-71 truck would fit into my truck too!

Do you know where I can put my name down for the conversion kit that's in the works? I would order it without any hesitation! I've sunk quite a bit of money into this baby, so whatever the kit costs will be worth it.

I really love my 1960 D100 and I am itching to drive it more. Right now I'm only planning on driving it in wide open spaces out in the country, with lots of maneuvering space. The thought of driving it into the city, makes me queasy for a number of different reasons.

I've gone to look at other peoples trucks at quite a few car shows and I have so far not seen one like mine. It would be fun to show it off amongst the many, many GMC's and Ford's out there. :dance
Last edited by Sweet1960D100 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady owner of a 1960 D100 Swepty! :)

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Post by kurt »

The PS kit is being made by classic performance products. I emailed them last week and they will post progress soon on this thread viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34169 soon. They are close to trial fitting a truck. There are pictures of the box on the thread can see if it is close to yours. The box they are using is pretty universal for old trucks.
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518

Sweet1960D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sweet1960D100 »

That's great Kurt, thank you so much :clap
I am super excited about this :dance

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

My Dale Earnhardt Sr. "Intimidator" bumper....
Attachments
100_1816.jpg

jeffz
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Mesa
State: AZ

Post by jeffz »

Welcome to the ORG, miss Sweet 1960D100. I don't know if the Sweet applies more to you or your truck, but I must say it's a pleasure to read your articulate writing. Obviously the mark of an intelligent person. :salut Unlike some other, hairy-backed individuals hunched over a keyboard, pecking away with sausage fingers, pausing only to swill beer and scratch themselves. Nobody on here, of course. :lol:
Jeff
66 D100 Utiline (Sold)
67 D200 Camper Special (Sold)

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Sweet1960D100 wrote:Hi there,

I am new to this site and to owning my first classic truck.

Mine is a 1960 Dodge D100 Sweptline, I hope I am welcome here since I seem to be the odd ducky out?

I've owned my truck almost two years, but it needed quite a bit of here and there work to pass safety. I've only driven it about two hours so far and it runs very smoothly.

My problem is that it is very heavy for me on the steering. I'm just a small girl and don't have the strength to handle it in tight spaces. I really need power steering. My local service garage told me that I need to find a power steering box and column... Easier said than done :pale

I would like to show it off a bit this summer at some shows, but I'm not sure if I have the guts to drive it into a crowded space. I don't want to be the girly girl that gets out of the truck and asks someone to park it for me :thinking
A belated welcome to the site! :welcome :Thumbsup I guess I need to come to this
thread a bit more often. :lol: That's a beauty of a '60 D100 you own. Apart from some
morning calisthenics to improve your arm strength, you're faced with a somewhat involved
steering conversion. :thinking :pale There is some information available here by using the "Search"
function at the top right corner of the page. Otherwise, you could arrive early at the local
car shows in order to have more room for maneuvering your truck. :idea :2cents :dance
John

Sweet1960D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sweet1960D100 »

jeffz wrote:Image

Welcome to the ORG, miss Sweet 1960D100. I don't know if the Sweet applies more to you or your truck, but I must say it's a pleasure to read your articulate writing. Obviously the mark of an intelligent person. :salut Unlike some other, hairy-backed individuals hunched over a keyboard, pecking away with sausage fingers, pausing only to swill beer and scratch themselves. Nobody on here, of course. :lol:
Thank you for the kind welcome :salut
I'd like to think that the sweet applies to both; myself and the truck, but quite honestly I was thinking of my Swepty while picking my user name :lol:

I like your sense of humour, your dog is cute and your truck looks great :Thumbsup

My truck originally came from AZ, was brought up to ND and then to Manitoba.

Sweet1960D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Sweet1960D100 »

Hobcobble wrote:
Sweet1960D100 wrote:Hi there,

I am new to this site and to owning my first classic truck.

Mine is a 1960 Dodge D100 Sweptline, I hope I am welcome here since I seem to be the odd ducky out?

I've owned my truck almost two years, but it needed quite a bit of here and there work to pass safety. I've only driven it about two hours so far and it runs very smoothly.

My problem is that it is very heavy for me on the steering. I'm just a small girl and don't have the strength to handle it in tight spaces. I really need power steering. My local service garage told me that I need to find a power steering box and column... Easier said than done :pale

I would like to show it off a bit this summer at some shows, but I'm not sure if I have the guts to drive it into a crowded space. I don't want to be the girly girl that gets out of the truck and asks someone to park it for me :thinking
A belated welcome to the site! :welcome :Thumbsup I guess I need to come to this
thread a bit more often. :lol: That's a beauty of a '60 D100 you own. Apart from some
morning calisthenics to improve your arm strength, you're faced with a somewhat involved
steering conversion. :thinking :pale There is some information available here by using the "Search"
function at the top right corner of the page. Otherwise, you could arrive early at the local
car shows in order to have more room for maneuvering your truck. :idea :2cents :dance
John
Hello John,

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm really glad that I found this website :salut
I've been lurking for a while; I was scared that I may not be welcome, because my Swepty is a 1960 :pale

I think calisthenics are definitely on my morning and maybe evening to do list :lol:

I am hoping that the PS conversion kit that Kurt has been putting together will soon become available for purchase. It would make my life much easier. I'm also thinking of putting more original tires on my truck, instead of what I have on there right now. Original style tires would make steering probably a little bit easier and every little helps. I also like the look of an old style tire maybe with white walls and dog dish hub caps (or are they called half moon hub caps, I'm not sure?).

Arriving really early for car shows in the city is a good idea. :idea
Don't know why I never thought of that, such a simple solution. :banghead

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

my'61
Attachments
1961 d100
1961 d100
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

Swept62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Alexandria
State: MN

Post by Swept62 »

Lakeside Rods new shop truck
Lakeside Rods new shop truck

AJwestcoast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Mateo

Post by AJwestcoast »

had to Participate!
new photo.jpg

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: AVAPPLE VALLEY

Post by avroadwarrior »

truck 22.JPG
truck 17.JPG
1965 D200 crew-cab Dully HPP Brian
Attachments
truck 21.JPG
Last edited by avroadwarrior on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brian

jimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by jimmy »

coolest ruck I've seen in a long time!
Jimmy

65' Satellite 383 4spd
65' Satellite 440 727
69 Power Wagon Crew Cab

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

Post by RAYMAN »

That d-200 crew is cool. Im going to start building one kind of like this in the winter, but im taking 2 trucks and building a w-300 crew with a 9 foot flat bed on it. But I really like the looks of the yellow and the tool box body on tat one. :Thumbsup
Im old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

skyrodder666
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Angelo/Manvel Tx.

Post by skyrodder666 »

RAYMAN wrote:That d-200 crew is cool. Im going to start building one kind of like this in the winter, but im taking 2 trucks and building a w-300 crew with a 9 foot flat bed on it. But I really like the looks of the yellow and the tool box body on tat one. :Thumbsup
It's funny you mention that Rayman! Here's a rendering I had done of what i plan to build... Im leaning towards the black and gold theme... I really dig the look of the factory dually beds that you could only get on the single wheel duallys. Dodge really should have made a truck like this.

1920's Dodge Bros. Touring Car Project (Destined to have a turbo 225 /6)
1920's Dodge Bros. Half a Touring Car Project

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

Love these 90 degree hoods :Thumbsup
Attachments
my '67 and '61 shorty's
my '67 and '61 shorty's
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

damon23
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Douglasville
State: GA

Post by damon23 »

petee33333
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Edgewood
State: NM

Post by petee33333 »

favorite photo
favorite photo
My favorite! Family photo shoot had to include the 69 D100!
1969 D100 Adventurer 383 Automatic

RyanH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fair Oaks

Post by RyanH »

my 65 flatbed
Attachments
IMG_20140902_075650.jpg