Off to the stripper

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Off to the stripper

Post by pwadventurer »

Heading out to kwik strip in allentown for a dip.Should be a 3-4 week turn around
Image[/img]

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

What's all that white crap?
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

is that a 300M in the garage?? is it for sale or trade??
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

In the shed

Post by pwadventurer »

Is a 68 300 non letter with 70k miles.Bench buckets column shift no air 440.It also keeps me sane when i need to get out of the house.The white stuff should be gone in about 50 days.(spring time)

Post by Guest »

Wideblock, you live where old cars went to die. :lol: Go up to Cimarron or Raton. All kinds of old stuff virtually anywhere you look. Also try the REZ around Tuba City. Lots of older Mopars to be found across the whole area. Many of them are available, cheap. Just don't expect perfection. You want a real letter car, check out eastern Wa, Idaho, Montana, etc. Maybe the member in Moscow Idaho can see if the private yard north of the liquor store still has anything that would catch your eye. Guy used to have a bunch of mid-50s to mid-70s Mopars. The farmers in the area always had a bunch of Dodge trucks, corporate platform cars, and Hemi or L6 powered pumps, forklifts, generators, etc. Stuff goes cheap when the farms auction off the old stuff. There is a boat collector in Albion Wa that had a couple ChrisCraft runabouts,and a hyper rare Dodge built mahogany runabout. Maybe that would float your boat? :joker Found you a repacement for the crew if you still have to sell it. (Hate to see that truck go, but family is more important than a truck) 66 D200, A318, 4spd, dana 60 w/3.54. Runs alright (smokes on start up), drives out nice. Needs some TLC that you could cure right quick (brake adjustment, clutch adjustment, LOF, the usual used truck stuff). It's a clean work grade truck, used by a local plumbing contractor. Has a ball plate mounted in the bed like a gooseneck, but is over the floor instead of under. Same sized plate underneath as well, looks pretty strong. Same light blue as the crew and your 100 2X. Some areas have been repainted w/Rustoleum baby blue in the last year. Cab floor replaced with angle iron and aluminum diamond plate. $350 takes it home. Won't be there long. He just wants it out of the yard. Shall I offer him a hunnerd bucks and see if he bites?

oneowner71
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Fort Worth, TX

Post by oneowner71 »

Planning on taking the car down that same path, but it is a rather expensive path round here. Said they'd dip it, then epoxy primer it for about $2000. Said about 2 week turnaround... but that's a lot of money.
Thanks, Clint
1971 D-100, 318 3-spd
1970 Dude, 383 / A727
1974 Challenger, 383/A727 (451 5-speed, someday)
1971 Plymouth Satellite,
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

Kwik strip is getting 5 bills just for the cab because of the nooks and crannies, 4 for the bed,125 for the hood,same for the rad support, 75 for the doors .plus the tail gate.start adding it up ,add some primer and it gets expensive.The parts i have done already,look great,when that epoxy primer goes on it really seals the metal.

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

glad to see i'm not the only one keeping a stripper employed, and a powder coating facility, LOOKS real good. it will be well worth the effort when its all done,

matt

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I kept a stripper employed once...nothing to do with cars, though! LOL!
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

:goodpost

LMAO@Patrick!
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

rjmeuer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St Louis
State: MO

Post by rjmeuer »

I need to have mine striped to the metal also. I plan on making my rebuild a long one. It needs to be perfect.

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

When you take it to the stripper, how do you seal the places you cannot paint, you know, all the nooks and crannies. I always wondered that, unless you dip it, it wouldnt get covered, correct?

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

There is this neat product my paint man showed me today. Its a spray in liquid wax that can be sprayed into just about any place you make access to.It drips for a day or so then the film protects the metal.I don't know the temp limits but as long as your headers arn't touching the cab or your not parked over a camp site, it should hold up.