Diplomat frame in what? yeah right.

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
pauly055
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Honolulu

Re: Diplomat frame in what? yeah right.

Post by pauly055 »

nice toys!
i'd like to know more about how you pulled off the 4-2-2dr. swap on the val.
here's my 67 in the background.
360/380 crate motor, A904 reverse manual body 3500 stall, 8 3/4 sure grip 4.56, 75 k member w/discs tubular arms.
i put the ford rims on because of bald rears :)
Attachments
030_1_1_1.JPG

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

Finding door seals and window wipers for the doors on these post sedans is impossible, have you ever found anything?

Well, I owned the car in high school, sold it, guy blew a rod after he ran it out of oil or something, took it to the junkyard, title was still in my name. I saw it sitting there for like 8 years, I always wanted a 2 door version of that car. I never found one. In the same junkyard was a rusted out 68 2 door. The doors were there along with the 1/4 pieces and rockers. I got to looking and it was a car with no title, and really no way to get one. I was eyeing the two cars up and went and looked in the hollander book the junkyard had, sure enough the windshield, roof and back window along with the rockers were all the same 2 to 4 door, So I hacked out the good stuff out of the two door. I pulled the 4 door out of the wrecking yard. That same day a dart showed up with an 8 3/4 and I nabbed that too.
I got it home to SD where I lived and unbolted the 4 doors, did some measuring and decided the new post would probably go in at 10 or 11 inches behind the 4 door post. I cut out the 4 door post and bolted the two door doors on and got them all lined up nice to the car, fit like it was supposed to. I then cleaned up the donor half a 1/4 and welded it into the car right along where the old four door met the rear 1/4. It lined up real good too, and the 1/4 window even rols up and down. I guess going down the assembly line, it really didnt know if it was going to be a 2 or 4 door car till the 1/4 panels went on. I think the chrysler of today should get back to that, I think they actually made a profit on each car back then.
Ill have to dig up some pictures, dont really have much, all my good pictures were on another computer that we dont own anymore, pretty stupid huh, I moved away and my mom didnt think of all the pictures I had on there, she just threw it when she got a new computer.

here is the car I cut the pieces I needed out of...I amm glad it was a 68, the door locks are in a better spot, 69 are out in the middle of nowhere on the 2 doors.

here is the day I pulled it out of the wrecking yard. It was alot of work, but insurance is practically free, as they think it is a 4 door still, 4 dollars a month LOL

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Your Valiant looks good, a heck of a lot better now than when you hauled it out of the junk yard. B bodies from 62 through 65 can also be converted from four door to two doors. Mopar Collectors Guide had an article about that a while back.
1969 Adventurer W100

pauly055
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Honolulu

Post by pauly055 »

try steele rubber products for seals and i heard year one has felts.
http://www.dannoenterprises.com/catalogue.htm#CarsIndex

cudaboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by cudaboy »

What are your plans for the rear of the truck ? Are you gonna put axles over springs ? will you have to C notch the frame ? I seriously want to try this, and I'm gonna have lots of time off in the coming months....autoworker, should be self explanetory ! LOL :banghead
M.O.P.A.R. =
My Own Private Adrenaline Rush !

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

I am making longer rear shackles, and I might move the front leaf hanger up into the frame a bit, just to level it out and take some pinion angle out. It doesnt need to go much, maybe an inch and a half. I have tall rear tire and small fronts on there now, so it is exagerated now.

oklamopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Midwest City OK
State: OK

Post by oklamopar »

Any word on a template?
Later,
Skip

When I'm driving my truck, I'm like a dog. I circle around three times before I lay it down, then I growl before I go to sleep. :salut
So here's to you...