1970 D-100 SWB Sweptline

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
dd6363
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lemoore/CA

1970 D-100 SWB Sweptline

Post by dd6363 »

Finally got around to starting a sharing my new project. It was a little worse than the picture I added. A little rust and years of neglect. So I'll tell my story. It all started as a 1929 Ford Tudor. I was building a Rat Rod, Chopped channeled all the good stuff. I couldn't get my Dad and little brother into the build though. So I decieded to call a Buddy to see if he knew of a buyer. Well that same week she was gone. I made a little money and started looking for something new. I'll back up just a Little bit. We are a MOPAR family so that is why Dad and little Bro didn't get to much into my old project. I never really new about the Sweptline. Iv'e seen a few and that's really it. Started searching on ebay and craigslist and found a rusty neglected 1970 dodge pickup for $400.00 dollars, went the same day and bought it. So here I am. I found this web site Sweptline.org and fell in love with it. it's like my little manual for the total rebuild. Thank you guys! I can't find the pictures from before I started the project. I will locate some soon hopefully. It's going to be a D-100 Drag Machine by March for Mopars at the strip. Atleast thats my goal. Hope you guys like it so far. Again I love this site and all the people are great!!

Dave

P.S. I'll get some newer pictures for the progress soon, I'm at about 4 and 1/2 months. as of today.
Attachments
2 months
2 months
1 month into build
1 month into build

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: 1970 D-100 SWB Sweptline

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

:goodpost :welcome "Build it and they will come!" Soon you'll have all the ferd and chitty guys driving by revving their engines calling you out :lol: So Build! :Thumbsup

dd6363
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lemoore/CA

Post by dd6363 »

Here are a couple of shots from 3 months into the build.

Dave
Attachments
3 months
3 months
3 months
3 months

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Dave

Welcome to here. You will find many people that are willing to lend you their knowledge here.

I went to Jr High and High School in Lemoore. I even got my first driver's lic there. But I do not remember that ole rusting away truck there.

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Attachments
1970 Dodge Truck Owners Manual, Pg 09.jpg
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Bring it on! We love pictures!

Robin, you aren't kidding. When I had both trucks side by side in
the driveway, it seemed to attract every clapped out Ford/Chevy
with out a muffler in the neighborhood! Odd though, none of them
ever showed up at a stop light. :thinking

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

While living in a duplex 2 1/2 years ago, it wasn't uncommon to have someone do a burnout, right in front of the duplex, this was very popular in San Antonio also, and you could hear them going through the gears, every so often my wife will say "What are they doing?" then I tell her, "They're asking if the 440 can come out and play?" then she'll say "oh ya right" I have asked her "why do you think they do these things right in fromt of our place?" "Or why they Rev their engine right in front of the house?" (not in the new house, however while getting ready for the Cruise I started it numerous times the concrete in the garage seems to make it louder and the cam makes it sound radical at times, and you can see the neighbors just standing looking at the truck, I swear sometimes it sounds like a roller cam) She just finds it hard to believe that these guys try to get me to come out and Play, it makes me anxious to drive it :pale

70-D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St. Clair Shores
State: MI

Post by 70-D100 »

Nice Job,
Welcome to the site.
Keep it up and you'll be finished in no time. :clap
I've been working on mine for 5 years.