Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post by steven »

I dont know if it was mentioned or not, heck, I even might have said it, but I dont want to go and look back. In a Hawaii Five-O episode the bad guy drives a flat medium blue '61. It had a perfect grill. :lol:
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Durangokid wrote:There is a 66 or 67 small back window in Bottle Shock. Just watched it tonight
Yeah... I watched that movie too. I didn't think much of it but do have to say that the
Sweptline had a major part. I think its acting was better than the people who starred
in the flick :lol:
John

Jonte
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Jonte »

I´m just watching "Black Horizon" with Val Kilmer on TV. 36 min in to the movie he´s walking around and as he turns a courner there´s a reaaley cool green swepty with a white grille parked allong the curb. Looks like a camper or military build.

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

1st episode of Quincy. A white pie plate gets run off a cliff. :pale It's at the beginning of all the Quincy episodes.

"A Small Circle of Friends" shows a nice 4 eye W500? School Bus. What a brute.

:2cents
Keith
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Another one on The A-Team. 68 armored truck. It was stolen and then recovered by the A-team. They mounted a huge blade on the front and drove it through a building. It didn't hurt the truck at all.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

At least 3 more for The A-Team. The 68 armored truck mentioned above was used in another episode. There was also a 69 that was Blue above the line and White below, a Yellow 70-71 and possibly a Green Utiline. The Green truck was just on for a second and I couldn't tell for sure if it was a Dodge. None of them were destroyed.

The funny thing is you rarely see these trucks in shows from the 60s and early 70s. They seem to be much more common in the 80s.

gabbagabbahey
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by gabbagabbahey »

my wife was watchin her thai tv on the sat and they had a music video with a swepty, crew with a shorter than normal bed that was rhd and really good shape

Buck
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hamilton
State: Foreign

Post by Buck »

My wife said there was a dodge in Beverly hills chihuahua, I was sceptical :thinking but she showed me and sure enough a blue and white pieplate stake bed, I guess she does know what she's talking about. :lol:
Also watched Vanishing point again, and early on there's a dodge dealer with two new swepty's on the lot, even a new postal truck and LOTS of darts, oh to have a time machine!
67 D100 318 4spd converted to RHD, 68 grille 69 dash and hood, needs some body work and paint.
69 Dart daily beater
70 Valiant converting to 68 Dart

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

Buck wrote:Also watched Vanishing point again, and early on there's a dodge dealer with two new swepty's on the lot, even a new postal truck and LOTS of darts, oh to have a time machine!
No kidding! I'd go back and get that nude girl on the motorcycle (Actress Gilda Texter, who ironically became a bigtime costume/wardrobe designer in Hollywood-go figure). :lol:
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Tufftruck
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Tufftruck »

I watched the first Dirty Harry movie and saw what looked like a red 70-71 parked next to a curb. It was like across the street and it was Red with a white grill. There was also a white 63-64 Chitty pick up driving around the streets.
70 W-200 440 NP435 SWB
71 D-100 225 A-833 SWB
Hawg

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I just watched the movie White Lightning. There are a few Sweptlines in the background and also a pie plate fire truck that is in a funeral procession at the end of the movie.

Tufftruck
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Tufftruck »

Just saw a Discovery Credit card commercial and they were showing different people putting gas in their cars and trucks. There was this one older guy with a cowboy hat on and you can see the left front fender of a maybe 66 or so sweptline. I froze the picture and it sure looked like a sweptline. It was orange/red with a white front bumper. Couldn't see the grill.
70 W-200 440 NP435 SWB
71 D-100 225 A-833 SWB
Hawg

OleRed66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North
State: UT

Post by OleRed66 »

Don't laugh. My kids really wanted to see high school musical 3. There is a scene in a junkyard and lo and behold a sweptline. 69 or 70 I believe. It was surrounded by fords :pale
1966 Dodge D100 - Ole Red
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - The Jeep
1985 Honda Magna - Maggie
2007 Dodge Durango Hemi (wifes) - D
1992 Plymouth Acclaim - Gramma

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

Maybe this one was mentioned but I did not notice it yet. In Good Morning Vietnam near the start there is a Swept that I think is newer than the year the movie is supposed to be taking place.

1968dodgecrew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: hastings nebraska
State: NE

Post by 1968dodgecrew »

I HAD SEEN A CLIP OF CHARLIES ANGLES AND THERE WAS A LIGHT BLUE CREW CAB BEHIND THE THE OTHER HOT BODIES

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I saw a really bizarre movie called Gas-s-s-s and it had a early military style Dodge truck painted in psychedelic colors. It would just show up in different scenes but never seemed to be part of the story line until the end. I still don't know the significance of it. There was also a brief shot of a round taillight Sweptline truck.

Boons
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Innisfail
State: Foreign

Post by Boons »

In "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" They get picked up by a guy named "Freak Show" who drives a 70 Wrecker.
1989 Ramcharger LE 318/727 2wd (For Sale)
"FUBAR"1971 Fargo D-100 LA 318/727 Auto
"SNAFU"1968 Fargo W-200 POWERWAGON 383/Np 435 4 speed/Np 202 T-case.Dana 60 rear Dana 44 front

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

The movie is Bunny O'Hare. The 2 main characters practically live in a Sweptline so it is shown in about 90% of the movie. It is a light Green 70-71 D200 Adventurer with a small camper on the back. The truck looks kind of rough for being in a movie that was filmed in 1971. I think they just lightly sprayed some Black paint or primer on certain parts of the truck to make it look worse than it was. :thinking

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Another one on The A-Team, unfortunately this one got destroyed. I think it was a truck from a previous episode. It was a 70-71 that was Blue above the line and White below the line. Another car hit it several times and then ran it off the road. It went over a cliff and landed on its roof. It then burst into flames and exploded. It looked to be rust free too. :banghead

duke21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: terre haute
State: IN

Post by duke21 »

I was watching a short film of the making of the Sam Pecingpaw film "The Wild Bunch" , another great western i might add. But in several scenes during the film it showed a pie plate dodge what appeared to be a short bed, of course it looked great , it might have been 2 or 3 years old at the time.

duke21