Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I was going to watch my local news but there was a ball game on so, on a whim, I decided to watch reruns of The Wonder Years. There were two construction workers both driving 70-71 Sweptlines. Both were really nice trucks.

Mavis13
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Prescott,AZ

Post by Mavis13 »

watched the orignal bad news bears and theres a white swepty in it. and also in friday theres one for a split second and also in cheech and chongs next movie.

PowerWagon68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

68 d-100

Post by PowerWagon68 »

Was watching CMT the other day and the video for Bucky Covingtons' song "a different world" has what looks to be a 1968 d-100 red in color. its behind him in the barn all through the video.

bender71

Re: 68 d-100

Post by bender71 »

PowerWagon68 wrote:Was watching CMT the other day and the video for Bucky Covingtons' song "a different world" has what looks to be a 1968 d-100 red in color. its behind him in the barn all through the video.
yup seen that too.....

greenmachine318
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tucson
State: AZ

Post by greenmachine318 »

in the very end of the movie FRIDAY with ice cube theres a blue swepty parked on the side of the street in a neighborhood

Robbie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Armada
State: MI

trucks in movies

Post by Robbie »

I think there was a really nice D-200 in a Kurt Russel movie called "Dreamer" a couple years back. Pretty good movie too, the kids will like it.

BrowneBlue
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by BrowneBlue »

Ok, one Saturday night It was late and I was comfortable on the couch and my wife was watching 'Home is where the heart is' (about the girl who hid out in Wal-Mart). There was a few scenes of a Pie Plate in there. Real straight and complete with dog dish hub caps! :Thumbsup

Robbie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Armada
State: MI

Sweplines in movies

Post by Robbie »

Just been doing some research, and the crewcab in Overboard and Christmas Vacation are one in the same. Overboard was released in '78' and Christmas Vac was released in '79' I believe. You also will be able to confirm that it is the same truck in that the lettering "Dean Proffitt and Carpenter" is painted over with black spray paint, leaving the word "Expert" intact above what was once the word carpenter. Also, there was a movie about a horse that had Kurt Russel as one of the characters again called "Dreamer" that had a blue D200 2wd in it.

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

Delta Farce with Larry the Cable Guy. Light blue Swept but it's a Ford and Chebby they blow up. :Thumbsup

:2cents
Keith
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

Durangokid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Durangokid »

I think there is one in one of the Cocoon movies there is also one in Tremors and the flying one in Disneys Witch Mountain.

I can't remember the years but they are there.
Nick Spinelli

Moderator for Alberta Aquatica

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?act=idx

etsweptster
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post by etsweptster »

Anyone see the red swepty (69?) on the AMA's tonight. It was on stage for the Alicia Keys performance. It got about 5 minutes of air time on national tv! It was pretty darn cool. I wonder who's truck it is?
Pump gas small blocks rock!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

missed it :pale was it apart of her song???

etsweptster
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by etsweptster »

No, it was just sitting in the back of the set with a bunch of the dancers sitting on the hood. When Alicia's song switched to the more up tempo portion, she jumped up from the piano, and they rolled the truck more out onto the center of the stage and the dancers hopped off the hood and started dancing with her. I had never heard the song she performed before, but it was pretty cool to see that truck on stage. With all the bright lighting the aluminum grille and chrome bumper really popped with the red paint!
Pump gas small blocks rock!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

wouldn't that be something if it was hers???? Too bad she doesn't Google this site, she could come hang out with us :salut

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

OK, So I'm in Shopko the other day looking at movies and old TV show DVD's with my better half and she asked if I ever watched Emergency when I was a kid. "Hell YES" it was a kid's TV staple in the 70's. So I picked up Season 1 and there on the front is a 71 D300. Season 2 has the 72 model.

:Thumbsup
Keith
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

Here it is on Youtube, gotta love youtube, alicia keys isnt my favorite, but at leats her set designer had taste, looks to be a red 68 on set there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyssM2_bZ7k

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

Cage, thanks for posting the video... That was pretty cool!
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

cdhawk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by cdhawk »

Saw 'American Gangster' this weekend - early in the movie you see a Sweptline pass by through the window of the cafe.
It's light green or faded turquoise and has the large trim above the body line. It happens pretty fast and I didn't see it again in the rest of the movie.

moparthug
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re:

Post by moparthug »

Buck wrote:Gun Crazy, with Drew Barymore has a real beat up 62-64 in it, That crew cab in Fire in the Sky got me into these trucks, especially when I saw an old USAF crew cab towing a race car, not long after while on my usual mopar parts scrounging tours. :dance
(Sorry for the long story)
There were at least two '65 crews in Fire In The Sky. One was raced down the mountain bouncing off trees, and one was used mostly for interior shots and "before the UFO" bits. If you watch the movie closely you can spot small differences between the two. I was, sadly, the last owner of one of those trucks. It was the truck NOT bounced off a tree, and it was also used in the movie Heart Like A Wheel. Slant 6, 4 speed on the floor with a granny low, power nothing, split rims, oil bath air cleaner, etc. It was listed years ago in a local paper for sale for $600, and I was the only one to bother to go look it over. It was in sad shape, barely ran, lots of bondo, at leats 6 coats of paint applied by rollers by the movie studio mechanics/butchers/prop guys. You could clearly see the light blue paint under the tan from the Heart like A Wheel movie starting to show through. But I was so smitten by it's ugliness and the fact that it was in on of my favorite movies that I bought it on the spot. Got it home and gave it a tune-up I'm sure it hadn't seen in years and it pepped righ up. Drove that truck for 4 more years before upgrading, or downgrading depending on your point of view, to a 1973 D100 with a/c, power steering and brakes, carpet, etc. Anyway, sold the crew for $800 to a couple of cowboys who worked at a ranch in Fontana, said they needed a hay and feed hauler that would also hold the crew, and that it most likely would spend it's last days surrounded by horses, split rail fences, and guys in boots. Two years pass, and I get a letter from a Police tow yard in Upland wondering when I was going to pick up my truck in their impound. WTF? I call the number listed for the tow service and they say a sorry looking 1965 Dodge crew cab it taking up a lot more room in their yard then the boss is happy with, and can I please come get it. I go out and see what's going on and sure enough there's my old truck, hay and beer cans litter the bed, someone had stepped through a soft spot in the floor and patched it with a stop sign, two flat tires, cracked windshield, and there in the glove box was the California title I signed off two years earlier. The truck was still registered to me and two years back on registration. A surprisingly cute office girl runs out with a clip board with all the paperwork to release the truck back to me, problem is... there are some fee's. Lots of fee's, to the tune of $595. The story I'm able to patch together is that a couple of the field hands decided to take the truck into town to their favorite bar. Lose the keys somewhere in the bar after 4 hours of drinking (good thing) and in their drunkin stupor decide to try and push the truck back to the ranch. Drunk driving is bad, pushing a vehicle while drunk is also bad, more so when you can't prove ownership. Truck gets towed. No way I'm paying the back fee's and offer to surrender the truck to the yard. I wave good by to the truck once again and head home. A month later I get a flyer in the mail from an official police impound auction in Upland, and while scanning the listings note a '65 Dodge crew with an opening bid of $125. (sigh).... Lord, why me? I go out to the the auction and sure enough there's the crew now fitted with a mismatched pair of tires to replace the flats, aside from that unchanged. No key, no battery, not running, and saying it's scruffy looking is a vast understatement. I figured I'd hang around untill the end of the auction and and tell the new owner about the trucks past and give them a small box of parts I'd recently discovered I still had for the truck. The bidding was going well on the first 20 or so vehicles, Hondas, a couple of BMW's, an S-10 truck, typical auction fare. The crew was about the 25th one to be bid on. The auctioneer stated it's "classic status, a diamond in the rough, a rare chance to own a great old American truck, opening bid of $125 who wants to get things started?" Silence, everyone seemed to be looking at their shoes all at the same time. The auctioneer tried again to rally the crowd at $100, no luck. Much to my surprise and shock one person raised their hand, me. "SOLD" screamed the auctioneer! I go down the street, rent a tow dolly, hook up the crew and head home after paying around $230 after taxes and fee's. I wish I had a camera to get a picture of the look on my wife's face as I pulled in the driveway, it wasn't a good look. After a week or so I had the truck running but it just wasn't the same, motor smoked badly, clutch shot, popped door hinges, a rolling wreck. I ended up parting it out and made a small profit between the usable bits and the scrap metal value. Still have the tailgate and rear bed corners in the shed someplace. :banghead

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Cageman wrote:Here it is on Youtube, gotta love youtube, alicia keys isnt my favorite, but at leats her set designer had taste, looks to be a red 68 on set there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyssM2_bZ7k
Thats cool, but dem foo's need ta get up offf da huud!!! :lol:
Doug