Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
thedodgeman69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno
State: NV

Re: Dodge Trucks in the movies and TVs

Post by thedodgeman69 »

independence day. Blue 69-71 D100 ute short bed with fender mounted spare. It is in the scene when the 3 men walk into the bar.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

The preview for Vegas shows a pie plate Power Wagon. There is also a D200 but I don't know if it supposed to represent the same truck or not.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=24877

abody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kissimmee
State: FL

Re:

Post by abody »

powerwagoncrazy wrote:My favorite movies all have sweptlines in them- the top being the Crew Cab chase scene on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- Nothin' like a pre-65 Crew Cab chasing a Taurus Wagon, lol... Another would be a movie called "Fire in the Sky"- a D200 crew cab was the main feature- hauling @#% down a mountain in the pitch black full of crazed loggers who'd seen an alien space craft. I don't recall the name of the other movie- oh, oh, yes I do!! Dear God- I'm 21 and already rejoicing my memory!!! It was a film titled "Flush"- pretty much a rip off of it's a mad mad mad mad world, but, the star of a movie is a '65 or '66 D-series septic tank pump truck (I think its a 500 or 700...) properly dubbed "the honey truck." We rented the movie when I was 10 years old , just because the cover depicted the honey truck doing something outlandish. Anyways, you guys should add these on to your "to rent" list. I think I'm going to look into buying flush, now that I remember the name....
Does it appear to anyone else that the D100 in the sandlot 2, catch and release, and brotherhood of murder? they all have that funky headache rack in them... Oh- and one other movie just popped into my head- in the original "Love Bug" movie, the dealership that sells Herbie and tries to steal him back has a '68 or '69 D300 wrecker (sorry- don't remember the hood...)..

I do believe all of those Crew cab trucks are the same machine. Overboard with kurt russel as well as christmas vacation, same truck. I would be willing to bet that a movie studio in Ca. owns it as a prop and they throw it in all over the place.

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

X Files Seaon 2 Episode 3 titled "Blood", when Mulder is talking to the lonegunmen about DDT and they show him a video, you can see the tailgate of a sweptline that they are spraying DDT out of the back of the truck.....its hard to make it out but if you look close you can make out the dodge on the tailgate..........its funny that he says that the video is from the 50s when he is talking to Mulder

1965DodgeD100Dave
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North Bend
State: NE

Post by 1965DodgeD100Dave »

theres a 65-67 dodge d200 in the ending of norbit :O

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Probably been posted but theres a 4 eye crew in the beginning of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. :dance

1965DodgeD100Dave
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North Bend
State: NE

Post by 1965DodgeD100Dave »

wally426ci wrote:Probably been posted but theres a 4 eye crew in the beginning of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. :dance
lol after my accident in my dodge (master brake cylinder went out when i was messin around ran into a guard pole ;) my dad said my truck looked like that truck

thedodgeman69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno

Post by thedodgeman69 »

The commercial for, The league, one of the actors is leaning against the tailgate of a red 67-71 2wd. In American Pickers, not sure of episode, you can see a yellow 68 D200 in the back round.

EarlKann
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

Post by EarlKann »

I am watching "Vegas" on CBS. Dennis Quaid is the Rancher/Sheriff, he's driving a pie plate Power Wagon. :Thumbsup

AZ69dartGT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cheyenne
State: WY

Post by AZ69dartGT »

thedodgeman69 wrote:The commercial for, The league, one of the actors is leaning against the tailgate of a red 67-71 2wd. In American Pickers, not sure of episode, you can see a yellow 68 D200 in the back round.
There's another commercial were one guy is sitting on the tail gate with voodoo dolls. Nice looking truck!

wayneswirld2
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by wayneswirld2 »

My crew cab, and my Valiant, are both going to be in the upcoming Danny Trejo movie "Machete Kills". The crew is in one of the final scenes called the "Chop Shop" and the Valiant is in some random scene at a diner....

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

wayneswirld2 wrote:My crew cab, and my Valiant, are both going to be in the upcoming Danny Trejo movie "Machete Kills". The crew is in one of the final scenes called the "Chop Shop" and the Valiant is in some random scene at a diner....
:Thumbsup :Thumbsup :clap

jeffz
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Mesa
State: AZ

Post by jeffz »

Txas2step wrote:
wayneswirld2 wrote:My crew cab, and my Valiant, are both going to be in the upcoming Danny Trejo movie "Machete Kills". The crew is in one of the final scenes called the "Chop Shop" and the Valiant is in some random scene at a diner....
:Thumbsup :Thumbsup :clap
+1 Definately on my "to see" list!

Oldguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Reno

Post by Oldguy »

Finally got to watch the episode of "Vegas" that I had taped. Not too bad but a lot of issues with correct time period. It opened with a 1960 date but all the vehicles are mid 60's with a few exceptions. The Power Wagon has the pull handles so is not a 67. The biker asks for an attorney but the Miranda decision didn't happen until 1966. It was still a fair story though. And the PW was featured a lot! Nice to have it on tape so I could go back and review stuff! :lol: :lol: Mike

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Oldguy wrote:Finally got to watch the episode of "Vegas" that I had taped. Not too bad but a lot of issues with correct time period. It opened with a 1960 date but all the vehicles are mid 60's with a few exceptions. The Power Wagon has the pull handles so is not a 67. The biker asks for an attorney but the Miranda decision didn't happen until 1966. It was still a fair story though. And the PW was featured a lot! Nice to have it on tape so I could go back and review stuff! :lol: :lol: Mike
You'll also notice there is more than one Sweptline. There were at least 2 and maybe 3 or more. I didn't pay attention to the door handles so I can't confirm any of the years. They were all pie plate trucks. There was the obvious Power Wagon but there was also a matching D200 Camper Special truck used instead for some shots. The scene where they corral the biker gang has 2 sweptlines in it. One is parked on the far end when they get the lead biker to stop. It is not shown in detail so I can't confirm whether it is the main PW used. Since you have it on tape, you can see if it has those lights on the front bumper. The bumper looked different to me so I'm guessing it is a 3rd truck or they switched bumpers for that scene.

Oldguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Reno

Post by Oldguy »

You're right, there are at least 3 different trucks in various scenes. There is one scene where he opens the door and pulls on the handle. That is the PW. Not enough close ups on the other scenes. I will tape this every week so I can run through scenes with the trucks! :lol: Mike

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

2 more Sweptlines in Vegas. This time the Power Wagon is a 4 headlight truck and there was also a D100 shortbed 4 headlight truck.

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Post by facechicken »

In the show X files....season 7 the episode called "chimera" when mulder and scully look through a spotting scope several times during the episode, there is a A100 van that rearranged the letters on the front to say GOD

claytoncars
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Victorville
State: CA

Post by claytoncars »

I seen this in a movie and I had to rewind! Its funny, ever since I'v gotten into the Sweptline Trucks, its nearly impossible for me to miss them!
I think the movie was called "Big Year" and was at the very last couple minutes.
Attachments
Shes Beautiful
Shes Beautiful

Seff
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bellingham
State: WA

Post by Seff »

claytoncars wrote: Its funny, ever since I'v gotten into the Sweptline Trucks, its nearly impossible for me to miss them!
Haha ive got the same problem. driving down the road i have to take a second look to make shure im seeing a swepty just sitting behind a barn or far out in a field. :Thumbsup