MAD rewiring

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Thomas
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

MAD rewiring

Post by Thomas »

So I was preparing to rewire my 68 d100 318 with this diagram and noticed that there is no mention of a blue wire on the same post as the black on the ammeter. I assume that since they are married on the post that they should be spliced together but what exactly is that? :thinking
1968 D100 318 727 373

Someday I'll have a whole quonset full of Dodge Trucks....

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

Blue wire, black wire on the ammeter? Time to dial up Jeff. There is a dark blue wire that runs from the top terminal on the fuel gauge to the drivers side post on the temp gauge. I will pull it it up and take a peek. Jeffc knows this stuff inside out, maybe he will chime in. Jim

PS. It looks like it provides power to the low brake light indicator. Thomas you could save all a lot of pain if you would post an email address :lol:
03 Hemi Ram 2500

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Re: MAD rewiring

Post by JimE »

Thomas wrote:So I was preparing to rewire my 68 d100 318 with this diagram and noticed that there is no mention of a blue wire on the same post as the black on the ammeter. I assume that since they are married on the post that they should be spliced together but what exactly is that? :thinking
Here is the diagram you need:
http://www.sweptline.com/tech/68wire.jpg
03 Hemi Ram 2500

Thomas
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Thomas »

Yeah I see on the diagram that it is indeed the low brake light indicator. Thanks.
I thought I had entered an email...I will go check. If not,
sooner@uga.edu :salut
1968 D100 318 727 373

Thomas
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Thomas »

All done. All that's left to do is finish up with the new gauge set I got. It's just an aftermarket set but I figured I'd get a set since I'd be digging around in the cab anyway. The posts on that ammeter were pretty brittle looking. If it wasn't such a pain I would've run all new wires as the wires didn't look steller either but they should do. :Thumbsup
1968 D100 318 727 373