Ever Seen one of these?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Ever Seen one of these?

Post by Disco »

Well lets see if my HTML is up to snuff.
Have any of you ever seen one of these Radios or know anything about it? It's AM/FM and installed in my 66 D200.

Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Disco »

Wow lets scale that down a bit.
How is it now, better?

MOPAT
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by MOPAT »

:thinking
Maybe out of a Javelin or a Hornet.?
68 W200 383/727 Dynatrac 35 spline 4.10 limited slip rear end
68 D200 CS {parts for the '68 W200}
71 D200 CS ADVENTURER{parting out
79 B200 van with 'crate' 360/360hp 3.23 Auburn limited slip
73 CJ5 304V-8 Metal Cab
"They ain't pretty But they're paid for"!

Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Disco »

:thinking AM as in AM General or AMC...humm...some where along the line some nob put a AM General AM/FM radio in my Dodge and attached it to an OEM center dash speaker? What the :censored... It has a crazy power antenna that ran off that toggle switch under the dash also(now broken of course). Thanks I would have never connected the AM on the front of the radio with AMC WOW just... WOW.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Seen one of these

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Disco,
I see your in Huntsville Alabama, I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal for almost 3 years and both of my sons were born downtown Huntsville, did a lot of small mouth and big mouth Bass fishin there, that has to be one of the best Bass fishin places in the US, I built a few Hot Rods there also, went to the cuiz and then around 10:00pm we would cruise to Gate #1 (it was closed at night) and Drag Race the old school way "Heads UP" that "was" the good ole days :Thumbsup

Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Disco »

MountainMoparRobin, When was that? I used to run my 77 Cutlass (charcole gray, straight pipes) out there from time to time when I was in HS and my brother in-law's Barracuda was a legend on Martin Road until he went and wrapped it around a tree. I live a few blocks from there now and I haven't been out there since I moved back to town but I can hear them on Friday and Saturday nights sounds like mostly ricers these days but every now and then you can hear someone unleash a big block and I all nostalgic and think about runing over just to see whats going on.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

oldschool

That was 1981-1984, and its amazing that they still do that?? MAN THAT WAS SOME KICK @#% TIMES, Seen 426 wedges kicking Royal @#%, we used to sit along side the Road on the Shoulder and at the end of the 1/4 mile would have a car on each side, then whoever won the car on the winner side would turn on the outside blinker, MAN WISH I WAS THERE NOW I have a built 440 that I'd love to kick some Ricer Butt with :Thumbsup

Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Disco »

That was a little before my days but I'd bet you have met my brother in-law...he had a blue and white 73 Barracuda. I may have to stop in and see your built 440 and talk about the old times next time I'm in Denver (they send me out there for business every couple of months)

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

Seen one of these

We are having a cruise from the North to the South part of the state, will have around 10-20 of the Colorado trucks on September 23rd & 24th if you make it in time you'll get to meet alot of us. But if not do stay in touch, for I can show you a lot of these trucks around here and not even try :Thumbsup

johnnylemonpudding
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 69123

Post by johnnylemonpudding »

That's an AMC radio. Got one just like it in my '68 Rebel 770 station wagon.