it would be helpful

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
tmj91
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: pa

it would be helpful

Post by tmj91 »

i think it would be helpful is some one posted exactly how to take all the knobs off of a 65-67 truck.

I got this much:

LIGHT-push button on back unscrew the screw in front
BLOWER-push button puttl knob

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I know I have posted this several times, but I guess it isn't in any sticky...

This is how my 68 comes apart, but in general, it will work for most years.

Read this which comes directly from my restoration CD!

These are notes I had made when I took all of the switches out of my dash while restoring it.

Headlight switch- This you pull the switch as if you are turning the lights on, then reach under the dash to the switch and there is a small button that you push. While holding the button in, pull the headlight knob the rest of the way out, then remove the round nut with needle pliers and switch comes out the back. This has wires attached to it.

Wiper switch- This has a small set screw that you loosen, then slide knob off, unscrew small round chrome nut with needle nose pliers. switch comes out the back.

The other end of the cable where it is attached to the heater or vent, there is usually a clamp held in by a phillips screw that holds the cable to keep it from moving. Remove the screw and clamp then work the cable off the arm where it is attached too.

H (Heater) This knob has a set screw, THEN, the knob UNSCREWS off the cable, then remove the small chrome nut, and cable comes out the back.

D (Defroster) This has a BIG nut behind the dash that you remove, and the cable comes out through the front.

B (Blower) This has a set screw that you loosen, then pull knob off, remove small round nut, and the cable comes out the back, this also has a 3 prong wire that is attached to it.

C (Choke) this has a big nut on the back of the cable, and this cable comes out the front.

V (Vent) This has a nut that is attached on the back side of a bracket. The bracket is mounted on your kick panel. Undo the nut, then remove cable out the front. The knob does not have to come off.

Hope this helps

Jim Megee
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

tmj91
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: pa

Post by tmj91 »

jim your so smart
:salut