hellp i hate wiring

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
tmj91
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: pa

hellp i hate wiring

Post by tmj91 »

where should the power be coming from for my blower switch on my 67 w200

and please can anyone explain to me how these heaters work and where knobs and switches should be hoked up?

thank in advance

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I just looked at the wire schematic for a 67/68 model, and it does not show the blower fan OR a switch. However, it does show a FUSE FOR the heater. SO, I am going to say that the wire would come directly from the fuse block to your switch.

I have a 68 and I found out the other day that the heater controls are slightly different than a 67. SO, if you don't hear more about how they "hook up" then I will at least tell you how my 68 works.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Otterdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Drexel
State: MO

RE: I hate wiring

Post by Otterdodge »

I can confirm that on my 67 the blower switch comes directly from the fuse box. I cannot remember the size of the fuse, I will have to check. The following text comes directly from my 1967 operators manual:

To heat the cab, pull knob H all the way out and when the engine begins to warm up, pull out the right hand V knob, and pull knob B all the way to the hi-speed position (low speed position is half way out; off is all the way in). Door on face of heater should be closed. When cab is warm, adjust knob B to regulate the blower speed. Adjust knob H for proper temperture.

To eliminate frost from outside of windshield, proceed as described above and pull out knob D.
To defog inside of windshield, pull knobs D, B and the right hand V knob.

For summer fresh air ventilation, push knob H all the way in and pull the left and right hand V knobs and open the summer vent door on the face of the heater case. Then pull knob B to force fresh air into cab. For ram-air effect, close the vent door and push knob B all the way in.
Otterdodge
1966 crewcab D200 utiline
Leaning tower of power
1964 crewcab W200 sweptline
318 w posi 4.10

tmj91
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: pa

Post by tmj91 »

i only have one vent switch :thinking

and my heater knob had a cable goin to the vent and my blower had the electricity? im confused :banghead