Still Messing With The Lights

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Sully

Still Messing With The Lights

Post by Sully »

The headlights both work. The left turn signal seems to conflict with the headlights.

And now the tail lights are not going on when the headlights do.

It has to be a darn wire.

Again:

The signals work all around. The left turn signal goes on when I turn on the headlights. It doesn't blink when the lights are on and i deptress the turn signal arm at the column

Help...help/...help

and the flashers are buggin me too..they won't flicker with the headlights on.

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

lights

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

you've got some wires bare and touching, there are only two wires going from the fuse block to the parking lights, same front and rear, your problem is more than likely in the fuse block, but, since its easier start by tracing the wires from the light to the fuse block, look for bare spot, black on wire (short inside) if nothing then break down and seperate the fuse block and I'll be you'll see partially melted wire, the fuse block identifies where the park lights and turn signals are, also check in the white insulator that conects to the fuse block on the firewall :Thumbsup

Disco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Disco »

I have been trying to get mine straightened out all weekend.

You can get problems with not enough voltage to run the blinker if the battery runs down. If you have more resistance on one circuit than the other its possible that the blinker could get enough juice to work on one side but not the other.

I am charging mine up now so that I can finish working on it. I hope I found everything.

I would check the connections through the dash and behind the left headlight to make sure you didn't mix any of them up before I took the fuse box apart.