Where's my latest short?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Where's my latest short?

Post by WD »

If I turn the heater and radio on, the truck starts easier. Once running, if I turn the heater off, the motor stumbles. If I turn the wipers on, they change speed in relation to throttle position.

I know the truck needs a proper rewire. So far, I've only had time to redo the lighting circuits. Except for the dome light, its lead run the headlights. Go figure.

Gotta love farm yard/junkyard cobbled wiring...
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

PwrWgnWalt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Butte
State: MT

Re: Where's my latest short?

Post by PwrWgnWalt »

WD wrote:If I turn the heater and radio on, the truck starts easier. Once running, if I turn the heater off, the motor stumbles. If I turn the wipers on, they change speed in relation to throttle position.
-WD
WD;

Almost sounds like a gal I once knew... I never did figure out how she was wired! :dance (but she sure was fun to drive!!) :Thumbsup

This past weekend I spent the better part of Saturday morning replacing the coil, elect. ign. 'box', and some wiring in the '71 W200 I bought from a kid.
No wonder the coil was shot - the wiring to the 'box' & to the ballast resistor was all wrong - I'm amazed it ever ran at all!

In the process, I unhooked a couple of "other" wires that weren't from Ma Mopar... now my radio has no power :thinking (not like I could really hear it anyway...)

Have fun with the wiring puzzle!

PwrWgnWalt :usa

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

latest short

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

I'll bet you have a couple of wires that have melted plastic coatings and are touching inside the fuse box :Thumbsup

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

I think Robin is on to somethink here , but also look around the harness under the dash , I had a bit of trouble on my 71 & pulled out the gauge cluster & found the big red wire had melted some & was causing the trouble ,
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE