Crewcab '69 electrical

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
custom

Crewcab '69 electrical

Post by custom »

does someone has a wire/electrical diagram, schedule thats coloured or at least good readable? it's for a '69 crewcab W-200, slant six engine, and i am getting really stressed over here. someone made his own electrical fantasy's reality.. :banghead maybe my english is not so good, appologies for that :usa
Last edited by custom on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: colorado springs
State: CO

Post by ozzie »

look on ebay. there is a fellow that sells them. they are in color and plastic coated. very easy to read with being color coded. just go to ebaymotors.com, auto and truck parts. then type in dodge truck wiring diagram. I think I paid about $15.00 for it. Ozzie.
ozzie

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

i would just buy a copy of jims cd listed on the home page. its got all the schematics in it, as well as a whole bunch of usefull tips. what problems are you having? i had a 69 crew cab, i might be able to help you sort things out.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

custom

Post by custom »

hey there, thanks for the reactions, my first problem is mechanical... i have a valve underneath the carburator on the excaused-manifold. there is a kind of mechanism on it but i have no clou how it works or how it supposed to fit/install... someone? :thinking

69PowerWagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Los Banos
State: CA

Post by 69PowerWagon »

If the valve is between the exhaust manifold and the muffler pipe it is probably a heat riser. When the engine is cold it restricts the flow of exhaust and helps warm up the engine.

custom

Post by custom »

can you show me a picture of how it works? i have no idea how to connect that thing.. :withstupid i try to run the engine and it stops as soon as i let go of the keyswitch.. it has enough benzine but it wont run. is electrical an option or is it the mixture of gas and air? :thinking i will post my VIN number here tonight. greetz and thanks c

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

stopping when letting go of the key-- Is usualy the resistor
a white ceramic thing mounted by the maaster cylinder or near the wire harness coming through the fire wall
ENJOY LIFE, --- It's the longest thing anyone ever does-- --

When seconds count, Help is only minutes away-----------------

custom

resistor

Post by custom »

is a resistor hard to get? i have cleaned the sparkplugs and try to fire it up again and there was a huge flame coming out of the carburator, whoemmm!! haha a little backfire... oops! i want to ride!! haha my electrical is allmost done, only when i have the park-lights on and i use the turnsignals, my dashlights en turnsignallights flashes, haha :dance
party!!
the back-up lamp, is that for when you drive in reverse? i tried to fiks the horn but there is a extra white or tan wire coming from the steeringwheelwiring but i cant find that wire in the scedule.. :study

this is my VIN-number: B25200125323.
where can i look for the specifications? thanks allready!! :Thumbsup

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

Just ask for one from any parts house, peace of cake.
make sure to tell them you have points or IE.
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

69PowerWagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Los Banos
State: CA

Post by 69PowerWagon »

Here are some shop manual pics of a heat riser

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/ ... 0_0780.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/ ... 0_0783.jpg

Is this the valve that you are having trouble with?

custom

Post by custom »

cant decode my vinnumber. i will check it again! http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/dodge_vin.htm yes! that was the valve i ment!! thanks fredm end powerwagon69!!! it was the resistor, but here in holland is it not that easy to get one! my electrical is almost done but now i have a button for trailerlights and the number of dashlight doesnt compare with te scedule.. :banghead

custom

hmmm...

Post by custom »

tha last owner of the cc has combined almost every wire with the collor red without fuses. is that possible or is it the best bringing everything in the original state... :pale