Bigger Problem

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
los

Bigger Problem

Post by los »

Now she won't start :censored ! She will crank over good and strong and the engine will run for all of .5 seconds and die when I relese the ignition :pale ! If I push the gas while she cranks she'll roar good and strong but dies as soon as I release the key! Help me :banghead

mesman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Largo, Fl
State: FL

Post by mesman »

what was changed right before this started? anything? if not, the first thing I would think of is ignition switch. I'm sure some of the other guys will have some other ideas to try as well.

check the gound on the fusebox! my 66/67 did some real strange stuff with charging at one point until I unsrcewed the fusebox and cleaned the ground connection. (it's worth a try.)
Last edited by mesman on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I always wanted to be a BEACH BUM!

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Ballist resistor fried?

los

Post by los »

The only thing I changed was that I put on a pair of back up lights and I fixed the front left blinker by hooking it to the rear left blinker. I was also trying to figure out my brake lights as they have not been working for about two days. There are no loose or disconnected wires as I can see. My old girl cranks over rumbles and dies when I release the ignition.

los

Post by los »

lADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE HAVE A WINNER! 5.65 later 1 screw and 2 leads later old Josephine is among the living once again! Tell you what if I'm every in Idaho I owe you a soda pop son! Thanks a ton.