alarm / remote entry install update;

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

alarm / remote entry install update;

Post by Seabee »

Alarm is installed and all wired in nicely. It's a pretty pain free job. I'm still working on getting the door lock actuators in. I've mounted one in the drivers door and am attempting to get the factory lock rod and new actuator rod geometry all worked out. My thoughts on this are that the best way would be to have a spare/junk door that could have big window sections cut out of it in order to get into it and work out the details of the bends! That's not going to happen though so I'll keep on plugging away.
One thing that I observed is that it appears that the factory pushrod could be done away with altogether, and the actuator mounted at the inside aft of the door with the rod running straight up to the lock/unlock lever of the latch mechanism.
I'd rather not do that, but if it turns out to be impossible to make it work with the factory rod I'll do it.

I just bought a pack of relays and relay mounting sockets/harnesses to aid in the lock wiring. Kudo's again to eBay user cobymoby and his store AudioAdapters for selling Autoloc, Stellar, and Keep-it-Clean components for far less than the Autoloc website does!

thorman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nope
State: Foreign

Post by thorman »

Keep the updated coming! :Thumbsup