Voltage Gauge Spiking

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: Voltage Gauge Spiking

Post by martincom »

Wildergarten wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:16 am
Of the four Sweptline trucks I've had, ALL FOUR came to me with the alternator-battery loop re-worked. A Google search of the string with the required terms: "1960s+dodge+wiring+alternator+melt" returned nearly a million hits. (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_ ... type=&tbs=) A Google Image search "1960s+dodge=firewall+connector+melt" returned 870,000 (https://www.google.com/search?q=1960s+d ... CA0&uact=5). Go look at the pictures. It's a problem. Best to fix it.
Mark, I never said reinforcing the alternator path was a bad thing, to the contrary, it can't hurt and in application such as yours, necessary. My point is it is not the OP's issue.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Wildergarten wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:00 pm
PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:45 am
There is no such thing as a loop from the alternator to the ammeter and back.
I'm talking about a wire loop, not a full circuit, effectively an open loop. It goes from the alternator, through the firewall to the ammeter, and then to the relay. The two wires go right past each other with current flowing in opposite directions, hence the application of the term.

Try reading it for what is intended rather than what you can make of it.
Better if you would write clearly, with a knowledge of the subject, rather than inventing your own terms to describe something you obviously know nothing about.
As they say, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bowlsheet.
Thus your posts are all about 10,000 words long!
You definitely don't mind "debate", as long as everybody bows down to you and worships everything you say, regardless how wrong it may be.
This forum is not about "debate". Its about facts and science. You seem to find it impossible to accept facts, unless you first post them yourself.
Auf Deutsch wuerde Ich sagen, Du bist (nicht Sie sind) etwas ausgebildet und ganz eingebildet!

quickgraffix
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: stockton
State: CA

Post by quickgraffix »

@PwrWgnDrvr @Wildergarten @martincom thank you guys for all the info it took a bit of time to read everything and the Culprit ended up being the voltage regulator was faulty on to the Next Issue need to change the master cylinder and probably the entire brake system :banghead :banghead