Add factory cab clearance lights. Does anyone have measurements for placement?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
jacqueskruseo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Garden City
State: MI

Add factory cab clearance lights. Does anyone have measurements for placement?

Post by jacqueskruseo »

Hello Swepties. Wondering if anyone out there has the measurements/spacing for adding a set of the factory cab clearance lights? I haven't yet removed the headliner panel, but I'm sure there no markings from the inside of the cab. Thinking these are spaced and mounted from the outside of the cab, maybe measured from the drip rail edge.

I'm planning on adding these to the headlight switch so they come on for both the running and headlights ON setting, and not off a separate switch. I had to make up a custom "Y" connection to insert into the connection just off the headlight switch that feeds the front running lights.

*Replacement gasket set available from Detroit Muscle Technologies if anyone else needs. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68-72-Do ... SwGShaigEV

These are some older pictures from last year while working in the back yard

*I'm working on a 1970 D200 single cab.

*1 lens isn't original, it's a Dietz replacement but looks exactly like the OE that have the Pentastar emblem

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

Red383
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Loramie
State: OH

Re: Add factory cab clearance lights. Does anyone have measurements for placement?

Post by Red383 »

I always just put them where I think they look good, and then mark and drill the holes.

Works for me!
1965 Dodge D200, 318 4-speed converted to 4x4 with NV4500 trans

ironhead3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Edmonton
State: Foreign

Re: Add factory cab clearance lights. Does anyone have measurements for placement?

Post by ironhead3 »

That's how I did mine too.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

jacqueskruseo wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:11 pm
Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
OK, from the photo, I'd move them aft a bit to reduce the distortion they'll induce in the sheetmetal.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

jacqueskruseo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Garden City
State: MI

Post by jacqueskruseo »

Yeah they have a curve to the base that isn’t correct in the photo. I think you’re right, just find the right curve with the roof and mark away!

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

jacqueskruseo wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 pm
...just find the right curve with the roof and mark away!
I wouldn't go that far. Just be sure the rear holes are covered by the interior sheet metal; else you'll have visible fasteners in the cabin.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org