68' D200 ignition enlightenment

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
dustYdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Turkey
State: TX

68' D200 ignition enlightenment

Post by dustYdodge »

Hello to the Sweptline community,
Just wanted to ask if anyone who has changed out their ignition switch on a 68' or thereabouts D200 wrote down the color wiring for the ignition. We have a 68 that the previous owner pulled out a lot of components and we're not sure if its correct.

Right now the blue/white, blue/white - is on Accessory, orange - is on Starter, red/black- is on ignition 2, pink- is on ignition 1, lg. black - is on battery, lg. blue ( I say blue, but it may have been red - it is spliced and connected to the wiper motor, buss bar, and fuse panel) is on the ground.

The only ones i'm pretty sure about is accessory and starter. The frustration with tracking wiring is when the truck was moved over to electronic ignition none of the correct wiring color was used , even on the alternator, coil, etc. When we start testing it gets confused quick. If someone has the correct wiring positions it would be a great help.

One other question; Using the 68 D/W Series Dodge Truck Wiring Diagram - Does this diagram show the correct orientation of the ignition switch as you would read the functions back of the switch, or as I assume it only shows the color wiring going to the component.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: 68' D200 ignition enlightenment

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Electrons moving thru a wire don't care what color the insulation is.
If you must correct or change a wire color, you can buy about 20 different colors of electrical tape and wrap the wire to be any color u want.