IGNITION SWITCH, ANY STUD VS. SPADES AROUND.?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Cris
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

IGNITION SWITCH, ANY STUD VS. SPADES AROUND.?

Post by Cris »

Howdy, working on my wife's '63 Town Wagon. Only new ignition switch I can find thru NAPA has male spade terminals versus the OEM
studs and nuts configuration.

Is there a source for the original style.? I'd really rather not have to reconfigure the end of the wires (too damn hot outside!).

thanks in advance,
Cris
My truck, '66 W200 Crewcab. Got any parts.?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: IGNITION SWITCH, ANY STUD VS. SPADES AROUND.?

Post by dodgeboykim »

Got a picture of existing one if its original :thinking :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Cris
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Re: IGNITION SWITCH, ANY STUD VS. SPADES AROUND.?

Post by Cris »

Hey there, sorry I didn't see your reply kind of quit looking after a couple days. So that was back in late August and I'm still dicking around with this.

Current plan (meaning I've already bought the parts) is to replace the factory with a Ron Francis switch.
Also bought an MSD digital ignition box (#6425) and a Blaster II coil (#8202). Will be losing the ballast resistor
while I'm in there and replacing whatever else like the starter relay & the voltage regulator.

I've been printing off schematics and partial threads to ease my ineptness at wiring a bit.

I did end up buying a Napa replacement switch, the one with lugs but my lockdown bezel, lock ring thing didn't fit.
My truck, '66 W200 Crewcab. Got any parts.?