Silly question "Drawing vs. Truck"

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Biketike
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Doylestown
State: OH

Silly question "Drawing vs. Truck"

Post by Biketike »

Hello.
I am working on a 62 sweptline D100 custom. I want to start to fix some lighting issues. I am studying the schematics and I do not see a blinker relay or a fuse block. None on the truck eather. Is the blinker relay built into the switch or what? Another odd thing between the truck and the drawings. My front marker lights have three wires coming off of it with a two filament bulb low and hi. Is it possible that came from a newer model truck equipped with running lights and blinkers. One bit of good news there are no tail lights or any wiring to the rear. So I get to start fresh.
Thanx.
BT.

jeffc57
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: vancouver
State: WA

Re: Silly question "Drawing vs. Truck"

Post by jeffc57 »

no fuse blocks on the pre 65 trucks, flasher plug is on left side under dash near clutch peddle mount just hangs under dash. front signal lights use a 1157 bulb (2 fill) parking/signal, parking lite only lights as switch part way pulled out and shuts off when headlights ara on

swptln
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Brookfield
State: MA

Re: Silly question "Drawing vs. Truck"

Post by swptln »

There are no relay's, the flasher is basically the switch/relay for your directionals. When you switch from left to right side through your column switch, it's a direct connection from your flasher to the column switch.
Mark D.

61-71 Dodge Truck Association
http://www.sweptlinesunlimited.com

1968 W200 Sweptline
1969 D100 Utiline
1993 D250 Club Cab