Dome Light Wiring

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wooster
State: OH

Dome Light Wiring

Post by drewvirgili »

Hey all! I need a little please with the wiring for the dome light in my 67 D100. I was troubleshooting to find out why the dome light would not work and it turns out that the yellow wire feeding the dome light was cut somewhere about half way between the fuse block and the dome light itself :thinking .... So, I am going to remove the existing dome light and replace it with an LED dome light with a switch on it.

My question is, how can I run a new line across the ceiling and down thru the pillar (assuming that's the original path) to feed the new dome light? Any help is always appreciated

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Re: Dome Light Wiring

Post by my5thmopar »

Mine was broken too but, my headliner was out. Just going to have to fish it with about a #12 or 14 wire. Don't put a hook or loop when you pull back. If ya don't know how PM me. I install wire and cable during my day job.

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Thanks my5mopar! My headliner is out also (was out when I got the truck) and I was starting to think I was crazy because I am having trouble finding the opening in the pillar. I will give it a shot and see if I can get it and if not I will reach out. I appreciate your assistance!

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Thanks again for your help! I finally got out in the garage last night and used a strand of 12 gauge electrical wire to run up behind the hinge, up thru the pillar and into the roof. One I got that in, I taped my 14 wire to the 12 gauge wire and pulled it back down thru. I am finally ready to hook up my new LED dome light once USPS finally drops it off :lol: .

Always grateful for the great help on this forum! Thanks again for the help from everyone! On to the next task.....floorboard repairs :pale