ohn values on sending units

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

ohn values on sending units

Post by Kaegi »

I might need a good sending unit for my 61. the 61 has the round gauges nad t he ohm values are different than the other type of gauge set up. anyone have the right part number or ohm values?

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Re: ohn values on sending units

Post by powerwagon54 »

73 empty and 10 full. Why do you say they are different? Do you have a pic of the sender you have? The gauge is the same gauge used in the hd gauges up to 73 in the medium duties and thru 71 in the light duties. I have never had an issue swapping senders from 61-69 trucks. That is if this is a behind the seat tank.

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Re: ohn values on sending units

Post by Kaegi »

there are two types of gauges. electro magnetic and thermo type they work a bit differently so have different ohm values. the sending unit for the 61 round gauges and late 50s to 70s that used the round gauges is different. I think I found the correct one online but have to go test mine first.
the shop manuals explain the differences but don't have the ohm values listed.
I have had issues trying to use sending unit from standard gauges with round gauges. reads wrong
I should say they MIGHT have different ohm values. maybe I just had bad sending units throwing things off. if I find out for sure I will post