61 Wiring

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
61stepside
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SoCal
State: CA

61 Wiring

Post by 61stepside »

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1961 D100. Trying to reverse a turn signal hack job from the previous owner.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 61 Wiring

Post by Hobcobble »

61stepside wrote:Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1961 D100. Trying to reverse a turn signal hack job from the previous owner.
http://www.sweptline.com/tech/61wire.jpg

John :Thumbsup

61stepside
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 61stepside »

Thanks John. I need one that shows the turn signal switch wiring. Can't believe that this truck has no fuse block, time to re-wire with a fuse block. Any recommendations?

12Valve
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

Post by 12Valve »

What do you specifically need off of the turn signal wiring?

I rewired my 51' Hudson. I went with a painless kit, a little expensive at 300 bucks, but does the job well.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... NaEALw_wcB

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

This wiring diagram shows a little more detail.

http://www.sweptline.com/tech/6165_signals.jpg

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

I believe it has at least one breaker in the system on the light switch. better than fuses. kinda like aircraft. if you have a short the breaker will just click until you fix short.

after looking at diagram they might not have breakers. earlier dodge trucks all did. they are easy to ad in. napa stocks them in different amp ranges. they have 2 studs for wires. onlyh really need one on the light power source, the heater circuit and the charging system. I do seem to recall the wiper system has a breaker but will have to go look to make sure

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

I went and looked at my 61 today and it had a breaker on the headlight switch and the wipers switch but I forgot to look at the charging and heater circuit got distracted by phone call. I am guessing there is one on those circuits though. its just a more HD way of protection than fuses.

61stepside
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 61stepside »

Thanks, I'm going to give it a closer look.

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

last week I drove a d300 from tri cities wa to Bremerton wa 275 miles. the wiper motor was getting bit warm I think because the truck sat for years in the desert and the linkages have all dried out. it would trip the breaker about once a minute. they would stop for and 10 seconds the start again. If I had lame fuses I would have had to put in 30 fuses to get home or put foil on the fuse and hope for no fire. with the breaker there just is no hazard and no frustration of fuses. the breaker on the wiper switch also is for the heater too because heater gets power from wiper switch. that's why they use them on airplanes. cant change a fuse when flying. ;/)