HELP! More Gauge Issues 1970 D200

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
ENILTPEWS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dallas
State: TX

HELP! More Gauge Issues 1970 D200

Post by ENILTPEWS »

1970 D200
Ok, so I have tried every test I could find on this forum to verify whether my gauges are fried or not and I have come to te conclusion that they must be. Somehow I just find it hard to believe that they are but all indications are that they are. I have the gauges with the voltage regulator intergal with te gas gauge. SO, here's what I have done:
- Grounded all sending unit wires to the gauges (Fuel, temp, oil) and all are unresponsive
- built the voltage reducer from 12 to 8 to 5 volts and installed - gauges unresponsive
- have new sending unit in the tank and verified oil pressure sending unit is good
- verified wiring between sending units and gauge us good.
- With the new voltage reducer in place I have 12 v. in at the gas gauge and 4.9v at the output and 4.9 at the temp gauge
- oil gauge was responsive when white wire was placed on the left terminal (facing the dash from the drivers seat) as shown on the wiring diagram and the other terminal grounded, needle is pegged.???
- instrument panel is grounded

So, here are some questions I need help with:
- First of all what is the correct wiring for the oil pressure gauge? Wiring diagram shows a white wire on left terminal and black wire on the right terminal. The gauge is not connected via the blue wire that feeds from the fuel gauge to the temp gauge, to the oil pressure gauge. Is this correct? There is an extra blue wire connector that comes from the temp gauge but is currently not connected to anything.

- Some of the information I have read indicates that if there is 12 v. input at the fuel gauge and 5v output at the top terminal on fuel gauge, the fuel gauge is good. Are there any other tests to confirm fried or not fried fuel gauge?

- If indeed the gauges are fried does anyone know where I can get them rebuilt? NOS are apparently non existent.

To date the electrical issues have been the most frustrating for me on the rebuild of this 1970 D200. I was progressing well, but have spent several weeks now trying to resolve this gauge issue. I guess I'm just not convinced they are fried for one thing...ANY help would be appreciated!

-

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Re: HELP! More Gauge Issues 1970 D200

Post by powerwagon54 »

send me a phone number

ENILTPEWS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ENILTPEWS »

214.212.8909 or tpwhome@tx.rr.com

ENILTPEWS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ENILTPEWS »

Bud,
Thanks so much for your phone call and validation that the gauges are indeed fried. I can't wait to get the replacements. Great website and resource for 61-71 truck parts!

61-71dodgesweptlineparts.com