gauges not working also

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Randy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Port Orchard
State: WA

gauges not working also

Post by Randy »

Hello, I am having trouble with the fuel and temp gauges on my 65, have replaced fuel and temp sending units. followed threads and purchased a dc converter on amazon 12v to 5 v. installed The unit and now have a constant 5v. hooked wire to both sides of the fuel gauge and both work the same. have 5v to the temp gauge also but neither gauges register, grounded both gauges and they move to peg. grounded both wires at the sending unit and the gauges peg also. from what I understand the gauges are good. any help with what I missing? Thanks.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: gauges not working also

Post by Hobcobble »

Randy wrote:Hello, I am having trouble with the fuel and temp gauges on my 65, have replaced fuel and temp sending units. followed threads and purchased a dc converter on amazon 12v to 5 v. installed The unit and now have a constant 5v. hooked wire to both sides of the fuel gauge and both work the same. have 5v to the temp gauge also but neither gauges register, grounded both gauges and they move to peg. grounded both wires at the sending unit and the gauges peg also. from what I understand the gauges are good. any help with what I missing? Thanks.
Look at this [again]:
http://imageevent.com/jeffc/techstuff2e ... =4&s=0&z=2

John :study

Randy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Port Orchard
State: WA

Post by Randy »

Thanks for quick response, I didn't build the limiter I bought a voltage converter does the same thing I think 12v in 5v out tested and confirmed. but now no response from gauges.

fosterfarm
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gilroy
State: CA

Post by fosterfarm »

Did you get them working?