Brake Light Switch

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
mousecat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Modesto
State: CA

Brake Light Switch

Post by mousecat »

Ok, next problem. I got my tail lights....Mounted. I bought some really nice LED lights a couple years ago and really wanted to use them, so after some butchering of the original housings, they are in and on and I think they look really nice.
Tail1.JPG
The wiring to the tail lights has been rigged so many times that I have no idea what they did and have decided to just start over with the wires that should be there.

As I was looking over things to make sure I had everything I need, I realized there was something missing. Does anyone have a stop switch anywhere? Or even a picture of how it is supposed to mount? I have no switch, no bracket, no wires, nothing!

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! I can probably use whatever is handy, but I would like to see what it's supposed to look like!

61 Ute is what I'm working on, hopefully I can figure this out!

Thanks for your help!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Brake Light Switch

Post by Hobcobble »

Put an ad in the Parts Wanted section. :idea :Thumbsup
John

mousecat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mousecat »

Looked around some more, might be a hydrolic switch? But I can't be sure?

mousecat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mousecat »

Well. I should have looked more before I posted this. I found my old master cylinder, sure enough, there is a hydrolic switch, on the end of it. I did a disk brake conversion on the front of the truck, now there is a two chamber master on the truck and there is no switch, nor a place to put one. Now I get to either convert the master or add a new electric switch to the pedal?
Either way, at least now I know!
Thanks for your input John!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

mousecat wrote:Well. I should have looked more before I posted this. I found my old master cylinder, sure enough, there is a hydrolic switch, on the end of it. I did a disk brake conversion on the front of the truck, now there is a two chamber master on the truck and there is no switch, nor a place to put one. Now I get to either convert the master or add a new electric switch to the pedal?
Either way, at least now I know!
Thanks for your input John!
Put a brake light switch on the pedal just like the later sweptys have. Use what works or go original style with bracket. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.