No Headlights

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
JimmyMustang
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

No Headlights

Post by JimmyMustang »

Hello all.
I'm new to the forum and just bought a '66 D200 Camper Special, TODAY!
She runs great but I've got no headlights and the drivers side front turn indicator doesn't work(Maybe the bulb?).
My first thought was to check the fuse but I have no idea what the layout is in the fuse block. Can anybody guide me?
The fuses all "look" good but it'd be nice to know what the hell each on goes to.
Past that, does anybody have any ideas?
I stomped on the high beam switch a few dozen times, from what I can tell from the old service manual that came with the truck and the wiring diagram, it could be a possibility.
Maybe it's the actual headlight switch?
I'm new to all this and would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
66_D200.jpeg

JimmyMustang
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Re: No Headlights

Post by JimmyMustang »

Update.
I stomped on the dimmer switch about a hundred times and now the headlights are working fine.
Being that this truck sat on a farm not running for 25+ years, it's no surprise she needs a lot of TLC.
I bought a new switch and will install it in this weekend.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: No Headlights

Post by Jims68 »

:welcome It sounds like the high beam switch DID have a lot of dirt and corrosion in it. You found that out by repeatedly stepping on it. Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to ask questions. Nice find on your truck too! Just remember to have FUN. Yeah, probably just a bulb on your signal light. Remember... the parking lights go OUT when your headlights go on.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489