Factory wiper wiring

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
crawlerdan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: auburn
State: CA

Factory wiper wiring

Post by crawlerdan »

I removed my factory harness and did what I should have with it, trash can!

I've made a new harness, truck is driving well, all that is left is wipers, i want to use a standard on off switch, i don't care about high and low, just want on and off. Any on know which wire's are ground, and which one is power? Thanks!!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Factory wiper wiring

Post by dodgeboykim »

Why did you toss wiper harness. Switched key on Power to stock wiper witch and hook up to wiper motor with stock harness and it will work correctly. How hard would that have been.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

crawlerdan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by crawlerdan »

Because there wasn't a wire in the truck that was safe to use. Not my first rodeo partner. Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't necessary.

So now I have a new switch, just need to know what color wires on the motor do what

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

Light blue is power to switch, dark blue is constant power to motor (for reversing). Brown is low (through external resistor), red is high. Green is reverse "wiper park position" (through internal park position switch) in motor housing. Green and brown make in off position for low speed park. motor is grounded through frame.

If your using a toggle witch. you will have to keep bumping switch till wipers get to the park position.
Last edited by pwadventurer on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crawlerdan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by crawlerdan »

pwadventurer wrote:Light blue is power to switch, dark blue is constant power to motor (for reversing). Brown is low (through resistor), red is high. Green is reverse "wiper park position" (through internal park position switch) in motor housing. Green and brown make in off position for low speed park.

If your using a toggle witch. you will have to keep bumping switch till wipers get to the park position.
thank you very much, i appreciate it

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

No problem, good luck.