No start, no crank

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
12Valve
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

Re: No start, no crank

Post by 12Valve »

Today I cut the bulkhead connector, and attached male, and female connectors at various lengths (in case they come apart I don't want any surprises) I also took fuel hose cut it to fit around the inside of the hole and sliced it down the middle so the wires would not be cut by the metal.

After doing that I got way too anal, I then cleaned up the wiring under the dash ( pulling the instrument cluster leaves a great access hole) zip tied wires going to their respective places/ gauges. I do have to admit its looks very nice now.

I have another few questions for you guys. It seems to me that I have an after market maybe? four way hazard light indication system. Was this an aftermarket add on or factory.

When I was rooting through the wires I noticed that there is no wires going to the heater switch( to adjust the temp) was this a mechanical linkage like the vents or is it an electrical switch I have noticed on a few trucks at the junk yard that they have a mechanical linage ( ie choke cable of sorts). When I purchased the truck the switch is missing, and the hole that the switch would go in looks like a child took a jigsaw to cut it out do to them not having the little two pronged tool required to remove them. Thanks again

coelcanth
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Re: No start, no crank

Post by coelcanth »

the only electrical heater switch is to control the blower motor: off/low/high

the temperature is controlled via mechanical push-pull cable to open or close the heater core valve

there is also a cable to direct the air to defrost or under the dash

at least, that's how the stock setup goes on my truck (1969),
and most other older vehicles i've had