Mystery wire

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
djcobraman427
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Mystery wire

Post by djcobraman427 »

While re-routing my existing wiring, I discovered a fairly heavy black wire, exiting in the middle of the firewall, and I believe it was routed around the drivers side. It has the original clothe covering and a split flat mounting ring. Does anyone know what this is connected to. It is raining and dark out there, just wanted to hook it back before restart tomorrow,

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Mystery wire

Post by dodgeboykim »

djcobraman427 wrote:While re-routing my existing wiring, I discovered a fairly heavy black wire, exiting in the middle of the firewall, and I believe it was routed around the drivers side. It has the original clothe covering and a split flat mounting ring. Does anyone know what this is connected to. It is raining and dark out there, just wanted to hook it back before restart tomorrow,

I would think you are going to have to trace it and see where it goes. Maybe for a camper special. :thinking What year truck. Most wires in the trucks go through plugs in fire wall. :idea
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

djcobraman427
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Re: Mystery wire

Post by djcobraman427 »

The mystery wire was from the old alternator to the amp gauge. The amp bypass had already been done. Safety says to throw a voltmeter in and be happy.