Blinkers

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
plydus340
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Blinkers

Post by plydus340 »

I had my guy put a new switch in for the turn signals that I got off ebay. Looks like a Taiwan special. I only had one signal coming on, and it wasn't blinking. Pulled the wheel and it looks like the new unit is mounted on top of the old one, wired up well I think.Getting a positive click on the passenger side, and light comes on. No click, and no light on drivers side. I need blinkers. Help?
1968 D100 727 383
1962 Polara 500 (project)
1973 Plymouth Duster 440 (FAST)

Utiline65
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Selah
State: WA

Re: Blinkers

Post by Utiline65 »

I am constantly astounded at the prices that folks are commanding on eBay for NOS items for our trucks....turn signal mechanisms included. I went through my turn signal odyssey a few years ago but that was by getting the mechanism out of a local wrecking yard, rebuilding it, and installing it. Now, the only problem I have is breaking the plastic self canceling cam...of which I have bought a number of as replacements. I know that Chrysler used different designs on our Dodges. Can you maybe post a photo of what you are trying to get working?

ischilf
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Helena
State: MT

Re: Blinkers

Post by ischilf »

I had the same issue happen to me, right blinkers were working but no left. I didn't even have the click. I then looked underneath on the firewall and figured out I did not have a working blinker relay for the left side. Finding out i had seperate blinker relays was surprising. Thankfully I had two new replacement electronic (instead of the old fashion themo ones?) these were in the pickup from trying to put LED taillights in. They didn't make a difference for that issue so I was plannin on returning them. Glad I didn't.
Check your relays is my suggestion.