'69 Dash Voltage Regulator , Bad or Good?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
turtle1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Columbus
State: OH

'69 Dash Voltage Regulator , Bad or Good?

Post by turtle1 »

I have voltage at the 5v dark blue wire coming out of the fuel gauge. It fluctuates and I can't get a steady reading, as does the connection at the temp gauge. Sometimes it appears to spike as high as 25 volts (?), which is probably the meter trying to adjust. I realize the regulator normally will fluctuate when working correctly. My question: When the instrument voltage regulator goes bad does it still fluctuate and put out power like mine is doing?

I grounded the sender connections off the fuel gauge and the temp and the needles never moved.

Thanks,
Sean

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: '69 Dash Voltage Regulator , Bad or Good?

Post by Hobcobble »

turtle1 wrote:I have voltage at the 5v dark blue wire coming out of the fuel gauge. It fluctuates and I can't get a steady reading, as does the connection at the temp gauge. Sometimes it appears to spike as high as 25 volts (?), which is probably the meter trying to adjust. I realize the regulator normally will fluctuate when working correctly. My question: When the instrument voltage regulator goes bad does it still fluctuate and put out power like mine is doing?

I grounded the sender connections off the fuel gauge and the temp and the needles never moved.

Thanks,
Sean
I'd look into the voltage limiter if I were you.... Sounds like its on its way "out" :pale :thinking
John

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: '69 Dash Voltage Regulator , Bad or Good?

Post by dodgeboykim »