denso alternator

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
jdavis
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno
State: NV

denso alternator

Post by jdavis »

Has anyone switched to the denso alternator for running extra lights and a cooling fan??

dubs
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Chantilly
State: VA

Re: denso alternator

Post by dubs »

I run one on my 72 charger, will probably make the swap on the truck eventually. Just make sure to bypass the ammeter in the dash and run an extra heavy gauge charging wire direct from the battery to the alt stud, especially if you have stock wiring. Those alts can push a lot of amps. :salut
1971 D100 LA 318ci, 1972 Charger B 400ci, 2010 Yaris 80ci, 1963 Sprite 67ci

jdavis
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno
State: NV

Post by jdavis »

I'm getting all my parts together to make the switch to the denso alternator on my 66 powerwagon and on my 65 Barracuda Formula "S". Thanks for the info on the wiring and bypass issue.

sweatybetty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.w.
State: OR

Post by sweatybetty »

dubs wrote:I run one on my 72 charger, will probably make the swap on the truck eventually. Just make sure to bypass the ammeter in the dash and run an extra heavy gauge charging wire direct from the battery to the alt stud, especially if you have stock wiring. Those alts can push a lot of amps. :salut
is that internal or external regulated?

dubs
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Chantilly
State: VA

Post by dubs »

It's externally regulated, with dual field terminals. I run the same solid state voltage regulator that is standard on ~71(?) up mopars, standard# VR125.

Edit: The denso alternator part number is 210-0138, and you can find it in the interchange as an option for an '88 D150 with a small block. Several different companies make aftermarket bracketry to fit it to big blocks, or you can cobble your own from junkyard pieces.
1971 D100 LA 318ci, 1972 Charger B 400ci, 2010 Yaris 80ci, 1963 Sprite 67ci