Spark plug wires recommendations/source

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Worden18
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Altura
State: MN

Spark plug wires recommendations/source

Post by Worden18 »

I need some help with this, guys. I'm having trouble finding (and/or choosing) the right set of spark plug wires for my 68 D700. It has the 413-2 engine.

My local parts store isn't helping any. The existing spark plug boot ends are straight. Also, I bought an electronic ignition upgrade kit I plan on installing.

What's a good source for plug wires? Yeah, I know, Google is your friend. Not in this case; there's just too many confusing options. I'd like to know what some of you guys have installed on your trucks. I'm going to assume wires for a 383/440/400 would be the same(?)

Also, with the electronic ignition upgrade, do I need to set the gap bigger on the spark plugs? Thanks for any suggestions/help, I'm gonna need it. It's been a while since I've done a tune-up on an old Dodge..... :lol:
Have fun today, you might not be here tomorrow

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Spark plug wires recommendations/source

Post by Hobcobble »

Worden18 wrote:I need some help with this, guys. I'm having trouble finding (and/or choosing) the right set of spark plug wires for my 68 D700. It has the 413-2 engine.

My local parts store isn't helping any. The existing spark plug boot ends are straight. Also, I bought an electronic ignition upgrade kit I plan on installing.

What's a good source for plug wires? Yeah, I know, Google is your friend. Not in this case; there's just too many confusing options. I'd like to know what some of you guys have installed on your trucks. I'm going to assume wires for a 383/440/400 would be the same(?)

Also, with the electronic ignition upgrade, do I need to set the gap bigger on the spark plugs? Thanks for any suggestions/help, I'm gonna need it. It's been a while since I've done a tune-up on an old Dodge..... :lol:
Get in touch with Summit or Jegs.
John

Worden18
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Altura
State: MN

Re: Spark plug wires recommendations/source

Post by Worden18 »

Hobcobble wrote:
Worden18 wrote:I need some help with this, guys. I'm having trouble finding (and/or choosing) the right set of spark plug wires for my 68 D700. It has the 413-2 engine.

Get in touch with Summit or Jegs.
John
Thanks John, I will check those websites :Thumbsup
Have fun today, you might not be here tomorrow