70 turn signal options Neon???

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Rusty_Quarters
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Madera
State: CA

70 turn signal options Neon???

Post by Rusty_Quarters »

My 70 turn front turn signal housings and lenses are junk, I haven't had much luck finding good replacements at a fair price especially the lenses, I was at the store and saw a late 90,s dodge neon, and noticed the general shape, size and style of front signals are similar to my stock truck ones, they are plastic and inexpensive, and you can even get a euro style clear version, has anyone tried these? Does anyone own a neon that could give me some dimensions on them? Even a pic with a tape measure next to one length and width might help, now that I'm looking for one to measure I can't find one. Any help would be great.
To my son "...its not always important what I said, its important cause I said it." KEA

70 Dodge D100 no longer 4x4
68 Dodge Superbee (Real not Clone)
68 Jeep Jeepster
2007 Honda Civic SI
2005 Nissan Pathy

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Re: 70 turn signal options Neon???

Post by JimE »

I have a brand new amber set that I will sell for $50. Jim
03 Hemi Ram 2500

Rusty_Quarters
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Rusty_Quarters »

Jim,
Looks like you own a 70' have you compared the 2 of them by any chance? I don't know if they are similar enough to work as a replacement.
To my son "...its not always important what I said, its important cause I said it." KEA

68 Jeep Jeepster
2007 Honda Civic SI
2005 Nissan Pathy

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

It would be funny if they actually fit. It seems unlikely though.

I have personally seen the 72-74 Dodge truck signal lenses mounted backwards on a 70-71 Dodge truck, so they should physically mount in place.

Rusty_Quarters
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Rusty_Quarters »

Bought a set of the amber lenses for my original housings off ebay for about $30 they are repops but not too bad, I will blast the original housings and straighten them, these aluminum grills seem to be a magnet (redundant huh) for damage, I got most of the dents out of grill sanded off anodizing for polishing, plastic inserts are trashed, so I may use some stainless mesh instead, that or breakout the JB weld on the originals. Neon lights still look like a possibility, I measured one at the dealer, and I think it would work fine with drilling new mounting holes, I may try that sometime in the future. Thanks

68 Jeep Jeepster
2007 Honda Civic SI
2005 Nissan Pathy