66 Utiline

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
66utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rosemary
State: IN

66 Utiline

Post by 66utiline »

Hope this is the correct place to post my question.
66 Dodge Utiline - Slant Six
Would any happen happen to have photo or diagram explaining what the three plugs are on the firewall ?
Have been able to figure out where the power enters the firewall.

Could trace and test all the wires - but not really interested in reinventing the wheel - if someone has one.

Thanks in advance for any help

I am poor at explaining things - as my wife always says.
Looking for a wiring diagram for these 3 plugs
Attachments
Dual Plug.jpg
plug 2.jpg
Last edited by 66utiline on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chuck66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Portland
State: ME

Re: 66 Utiline

Post by Chuck66 »

I dont have pics unless they are in my build blog. If no one else comes up with some I can get some next week.
1966 uti rebuild from hell

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site! Good to know another Utiline has reported in. :Thumbsup :welcome :usa :clap
Try this wiring diagram...
http://www.sweptline.com/tech/66wire.jpg
John

pwadventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by pwadventurer »

Do you have any of the wiring harness's that plug into these connectors. If you do what are the colors of the wires. It would help if you did. You might have to look under the dash if you don't unless someone else has this info.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I know Jim with the resto CD had a diagram of what his colors were on the 68.

The good and bad thing about that upper drivers side plug is that you can have any combination of wires as long as they correspond. Each side is female. I hate that I had to use the early version on my truck and not the new style red plug (starting in 68) but it is all I had.

On mine for the lower driver side plug it is power coming in/out at lower left side of plug. On the center plug (toward the passenger side) it is the bottom right.

Now that is Alt wiring and not the same as switched voltage which runs to your ignition....

I just rewired my whole cab and I don't have any great pictures but I took note along the way. :2cents

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wally426ci »

Hobcobble wrote:Welcome to the site! Good to know another Utiline has reported in. :Thumbsup :welcome :usa :clap
Try this wiring diagram...
http://www.sweptline.com/tech/66wire.jpg
John
BTW - The only bummer on that diagram is the lack of wire gauge - it will matter with the horn vs. turn signal wires which are the same colors but different gauge. Obviously your power is going to be larger.

You may also want to look into doing a version of the MAD system which re-routes some of your power wiring. I chose to do a version where I kept the plug connections but added fusible links and went to the starter relay stud with all. :2cents

66utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rosemary
State: IN

Post by 66utiline »

pwadventurer wrote:Do you have any of the wiring harness's that plug into these connectors. If you do what are the colors of the wires. It would help if you did. You might have to look under the dash if you don't unless someone else has this info.
Sorry no wiring harness :(

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wally426ci »

66ute I think he means looking from the inside. Those plugs are part of the harness (except the upper driver side). For the most part the wires continue with the same color and gauge on the outside.

I have a pretty decent engine harness but you would still need the headlight harness and the rear harness that comes up and plugs in along with your neutral safety switch. :2cents

Some threads
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35551&p=257957&hil ... wn#p257957

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35222&p=255282&hil ... ss#p255282

I'll try to snap some pictures for you of my other harnesses. Let me know if you are interested in any wiring.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

If your in need of some 66 harness for under hood etc. I have 2 66 trucks, 1 67 truck and a 68 truck all being parted.