Firewall connectors

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Firewall connectors

Post by Hoss »

Anybody know were I can get the rubber firewall connectors for both the engine compartment and under dash?
Used ones would be fine.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

Daddiojoe
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Daddiojoe »

Ken--

These are very very hard to find. I've been asking and looking all over. Nobody is making them as repops yet, but somebody I talked to (whose name I forget of course) said they were going to try to come out with some in a year or so.

I finally found some in a salvage yard in Sequin, TX. What year is your truck?

Best of luck,

Joe
1971 4-eyed Shortbed D100 225 /6 727 AT 3.23 rear running on Sweet Lady Propane

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hoss »

I have a 68W300 See Hoss's W300 in photo section
I have some of the connectors that are in bad shape still repairable but was looking just in case.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"

MarsMonster
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Seattle/WA

Post by MarsMonster »

If you have a complete donor truck you can remove the wiring from it. I swapped out a 1968 D100 wiring harness for a 1966 D100 harness, in my 1966 D100.

If I recall correctly the ignition assembly uses a different plug on the back of it. (I simply installed the 1968 Dash in my 1966, the ashtray is now in a different spot but I don't smoke)

At any rate you need the entire harness that is under the dash and the harness that goes to the engine and lights.

After swaping out my wiring I now can reference the wiring diagrams to troubleshoot if/when needed. And, most importantly I got rid of all of the splicing that had occured over the life of the truck. And, I had a lot....

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Hoss »

I've got a clean harness I just wanted some connectors for the firewall. I do have some corrotion in one of the plugs.(comes from the fire department washing under the hood all the time)
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"