Overcharging

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..

Overcharging

Post by Guest »

Need some help with my 70 W200.It seems to be overcharging.When the trucks at Idle the turn signals work fine but when you bring the rpms up they blink faster.I swiched the regulator with another one but it seems to be the same.The regulator was not new that I swiched it with.Also I have no brake lights I grounded the bed to get the signals to work properly but still no brake lights.I have power on both sides of the switch so im guessing maybe the directional switch? The amp meter when on fast idle is almost pinned. Thank you Jim

Post by Guest »

You've got a shorted out turn signal plate in the column. It kills the brakelights, messes up the signal speed, and "dumps" current into the horn system via the column metal. Mine did the same thing. Fried two horn relays before I figured out what was going on. Bypassed the turn signal plate wire to the brake switch (it's white), ran extra wires, and added extra lights for run/brake. Looks like crap, works great. The signal switch plate is still available, I just didn't feel like trying to pull the steering wheel. Still need to fix the horn (somehow).

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

If the alt gauge only does this when the signal switch is on, then I will agree with above post, if not we need to look else were.

Hay guest, could you choose at least a name so we can get to know you or log in?
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

Post by Guest »

My name is Jim.I have been restoring this truck for about 4 years now and its just about there.The alt gauge is doing this all the time not just when the signals are on.I took it around the block the other day and it just didnt feel right driving.It didnt seem to be pulling well and the points started to break up.Im going to change the regulator and try that.I will post pictures when I am done with it.It looks great I just need to get it to run right. Thank you Jim