Upgraded Dash panel

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Upgraded Dash panel

Post by HEtkind »

When I started work on my 62 D100 Town Wagon, the only gage that worked "properely" was the speedo, the temp gage never got off low, ammeter was dead and oil light had an unknow status, so I put a JC Whitney electrical gages for oil pressure, water temp (with with new electric sendors) and ammeter (sun pro) and ran it that way for five years...

I had to upgrade my gas tank so I pulled it, stripped inside and out, relined with POR-15, and put in a matching sunpro gas gage and sendor, and a few fuel filler, tank straps made from angle iron and galvinized bolts.

Neither the sendor or gage is compatible with the stock item, different resistance, but together, as a match pair the work great. Had to drill some mounting holes in the tank top and set the sendor depth and arm length but now I have full gage defection between empty and full. The little metal box on the fuel gage needs to come off, that is a pulser and only is required with the stock setup.

The original speedo (with a May 1962 tag) on it seems to work fine, but a little jittery

Howard

Seabee
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by Seabee »

ahem... PICTURES??? :joker
Sounds pretty slick !

Have you lubed the speedo cable? There are also some posts somewhere in here re lubing the spedo head with powdered graphite.
That should steady the needle.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

the speedo is magnetic. i took my speedo head out, and with the air gun blew years of crap out of it. relubed with dry graphite lock cylinder lube, goes on wet, and the catalyst drys leaving the graphite behind. worked like a champ after that. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100