68 a108 turnsignal/hazards and wiper? problem

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
blounstation

68 a108 turnsignal/hazards and wiper? problem

Post by blounstation »

well i have a 68 a108 that i can't get the right rear turn signal to work. when i first got it, the only light that worked was one head light. it was set up for a trailor, but i took all that wiring out and put it back to original and replaced some fuses. i was able to get everything to work except for the right rear "brake" light.(tail light worked) NOW all of a sudden the turn signals stoped working all together. i replaced the flashers but it didn't help. when you turn the hazards on the lights flash fine (except RR)but the flasher noise gets louder and louder. and check this out, today when i turned the wiper swith on the regular turn signal function came back but only for 15-20 seconds. it did that twice. any ideas?????

blounstation

oh forgot to mention

Post by blounstation »

i forgot to mention that i test lighted the conectors for the turnsignals at the column and there is power going from the turn signal switch to the flasher at the fuse box (red wire) but it is real dim. when i first got the van it tested strong.

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

sounds like a loose wire or bad ground on the T light :thinking , if you got all working but that one light , try a better ground on just that one light , & also double check you pig tail in the light socket , just might be a bad wire in there , good luck
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE