Troubleshooting advice

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
GMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Troubleshooting advice

Post by GMan »

Having problems with my 70. It has 383/Auto, Mopar Electronic Ignition. I went into the parts store, bought some brake fluid, added it to MC (of course spilled a bit when I put the cap back on) I went to fire the truck up, and it seemed to start but died immediately when I let off the starter. I can't get it to stay running at all. Does this sound like the switch on the firewall is bad? I think it's called the Starter Relay. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Troubleshooting advice

Post by Hobcobble »

GMan wrote:Having problems with my 70. It has 383/Auto, Mopar Electronic Ignition. I went into the parts store, bought some brake fluid, added it to MC (of course spilled a bit when I put the cap back on) I went to fire the truck up, and it seemed to start but died immediately when I let off the starter. I can't get it to stay running at all. Does this sound like the switch on the firewall is bad? I think it's called the Starter Relay. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Do you have a spare ignition switch to try?
John

Yellow71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80031

Re: Troubleshooting advice

Post by Yellow71 »

If it will start and keep running UNTIL you let the ignition switch return to the run position.....It is probably the ballast resistor.